Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

They claimed the 27ER and R-73 made it op, not the chasis itself

Just go back in time and look at all the youtube comments saying “MIG-29SMT missiles are broken give us AIM-9X”

There are maybe still some posts like this in forum

29SMT isnitially was planned to be 9-19R, it was named 9-19R in files frok the beginning afaik

But had systems from 9-19 for export from release/on dev

It had 60 flares. Nice joke by gaijin. With the literally worst flight model in the entire game at top tier.

Correct me if I’m wrong but people called it OP before because it was gonna be the only plane released with IRCCM missiles (until they complained and got the 9M). Don’t recall much of that time since I wasn’t super active.

jUGZ_BkiXOw

Untill they add 9M to 16C- - maybe?

Yeah mb I forgot to add that.

Also, the radar is so notch-able compared to that of its American counterparts.

1 Like

I wonder why, maybe just maybe its because they learned this move from Swedish pilots in the first place?

Lmaooo

1 Like

What what?

The cobra maneuver did not occur as a result of the failure of the FBW, but during tests of the aircraft at supercritical angles of attack.

Nonsense

Lol, as far as I have seen, the F-15 and F-16C radars have been arbitrarily nerfed.

Just look at how smooth and easily the plane turns. İt’s like the pilot touches the stick and it turns gracefully.

The Su-27 we have is an abomination

2 Likes

Even in their nerfed forms, they are miles better than the stone age radar on su-27sm.

And what’s nerfed is their range. And the F-15 radar on headon mode still has amazing range.

And range above 60-70 is useless anyway. What matters most is notch/chaff resistance and lock capability against targets going cold

I have spoken with the devs about the MiG-23MLD. They refuse to make any changes unless the MLD manual addendum is leaked onto the internet. Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone is willing to hand over their copy at this time.

1 Like

The MiG-23MLD never had higher sustained turn rate than ML or MLA, rather the other way around.

The slats don’t need to deploy at airspeeds where AoA is low (0.6+ mach) At these airspeeds it should match or exceed the ML/MLA. Instead, Gaijin artificially nerfed the MLD by making the assumption that the dog tooth roots of the wing increase drag. The opposite should be true.

At airspeeds where AoA necessitates deployment of the leading edge features it may have some drag but the airflow should remain attached on the wing for longer at the cost of higher drag… increasing stability for AoA.

1 Like

Why does gaijin assume the worst when it comes to Russian aircraft, but assumes the best when it’s western airframes?

Not even claiming xx bias or anything

At this point I’m not even mad, just baffled and confused