Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Well, empirical evidence there, case closed i guess.

Another video that haunts us russian fighters enthusiasts is the one comparing the energy retention of the ingame su-27 to an irl one, they posted like 3 months ago I wish i remember the Channel. It was recorded from the cockpit, I think y’all know which video i’m talking about.

1 Like

So there was a chance to see the Su-35 with canards, interesting.

I already did, cause unlike you he actually came up with concrete evidence which what was i asking from the beginning.

Since situation is resolved no need to further this conversation.

the VTAS helmet was designed on the benefits of SEAM and using slaving the Aim-9’s seeker to whatever the pilot was seeing. Im pretty sure it wasnt used to actually slave the Radar.

???

VTAS excerpts

VTAS -1
VTAS -2
VTAS -3
VTAS -4

oh dang ok nvm. I remember reading that it could slave the radar via the Helmet, but thought it wasnt possible cuz of the old radar design

@tripod2008 so was it possible to get a radar lock and fire an Aim-7 with the Helmet, like we can in game?

Technically you shouldn’t even need a radar lock For a Sparrow Launch, though BST (Boresight) mode would require you to keep the nose pointed near the target for the entire flight of the missile(unless jammed via continuous Noise) further manual control of the Antenna by the RIO would be theoretically possible but entirely lacks non head down feedback so would have a very low Pk.

Theoretically both SEAM and auxiliary manual guidance modes modes could be used but it would degrade guidance quality and bypass some of the filters that reduce clutter seen by the missile.

Also the F-4B / F-110A & Early F-4C would have access to the AAA-4 IRST which could slave the Antenna in place of a radar lock and so confer Look Down capability, the F-4E has a similar AXX-1 TISEO and F-14A &-14Bs (should) have the ALR-23 IRSTS and AXX-1 TCS

But that feature isn’t modeled even though some of the systems are present in game (F-14B & TCS / Kurnass 2000 & ASX-1 TISEO).

F-4B AAA-4 American Car and Foundry

Also as an aside the F-8’s radar should have an ACM mode

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/OH5oxPyk5tXc

and the F-8s IRST should be able to attempt to transition to a radar lock-on (Range Burst Feature).

F-8 excerpts

7 Likes

yeah but thats for the F-4E, would it work for the APG-59 in the J?

nvm I see what ur saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4taB3HgMAM ??

1 Like

Yup, I found the video comparing the two:

4 Likes

I wish we had a similar video with the mig29

1 Like

Now they will all come and say russian aircraft are garbage in real life, gaijin made perfect representation of russian aircraft in the game. You should be glad they can even fly.

You are a russian propogandist bot

Su-27 is garbage in real life too.

İt uses washing machine parts in it’s avionics

Europe/USA 💪💪💪💪💪

(You can’t imagine how many times I have been told these EXACT things)

7 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah there’s a lot of ignorant ppl who say that, it’s mostly because they’re mixing their political views with the game…

I forgot how many times I told them that gunning down these planes ingame won’t defeat their owner irl lol

6 Likes

Wow nice

I think at this point gaijin knows 100% for sure that there’s something wrong with the energy retention of 4th gen russian jets, i just don’t understand why they don’t adjust it.

Russia lost its bvr dominance but nothing was done to improve its wvr.

Hud video is from Su-27sm, it can be later batch with better engines.

Slightly enhanced engines would not net nearly 2x improvement in SEP

3 Likes