Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

F-15 AoA appeared to be correct on the dev server, I’d need to re-test. Peak AoA was ~38-40 degrees… sustained was less than 28 iirc.

How about we focus on the thread topic: SU-27 and it’s variants. I feel that thread has been derailed. What are the differences from last dev server to released SU-27?

It’s radar feels like shit, I don’t have it unlocked yet so I don’t know about the FM, but it wont surprise me if it got shafted as well

2 Likes

People are doing a lot of complaining, I’ve seen no testing done so until someone shows us it ain’t right… well… we got talk.

1 Like

It comes with the times

1 Like

How does the N001 have less range than the N019 when the manual says the max range is 100km?
The articles say 140km for a bomber sized target, 100km for a fighter just like in the manual, yet this radar in the game has 80km (x-ray)
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/dGXjmlEm4qIB

3 Likes

The Mig-23 was also written off like all single-engine aircraft

It was not entirely removed from service like the MiG-21. Also, I said that already.

It was decommissioned in 1999

1 Like

Yes, we have F-15 that have more stable AOA then Su-27

1 Like

That’s not true at all.

Just flew the Su-27 on min fuel and clean configuration and now it holds ab 40 mph (70kmh) less speed in a sustained turn. T Why are they giving it the MiG-29 treatment when it was fine in the dev server?

3 Likes

Look at the code instead of a Stat card. Manual states 80…100km for a 3m^2 target in HPRF. In a lookup high alt and medium alt. Low alt that figure dropped to 35-40km. In game code its just 80km no matter alt.

MPRF high alt look up is 50-55km.
medium alts drops to 35-45km
and low altitude 20-25km.

in game code is just 40km. No matter alt.

This is for detection.

Its similar to mig 29 radar, just bigger

Ok let`s trry again
Yes, we have F-15 that have more stable AOA then Su-27!

Spoiler

5 Likes

And how about the radar in the F-15? Probably all op

but mUh ruSSiaN bİAs

4 Likes

Nah, its not even an APG-63. Its a toy compared to what it should be

1 Like

It ok right now. Maybe even overperforms

nope. Underperforms by alot

2 Likes

Screenshots don’t do anything for us, sustained AoA for F-15 is underperforming if that is the case. I would need to reference the Su-27 material to know if it is underperforming or not.