Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

14-16 pieces(P-77-1/ R-74M/R-74M2)…

Spoiler

In_EiyVkBjE

https://m.vk.com/wall-140312885_307109

2 Likes

So around 12x R-77-1 and 2x R-74M2? Possibly more.

1 Like

The scheme from Arma 3, nothing to do with the IRL

RD-180 and Merlin are completely different engines.
RD-180 is closed cycle double chamber engine.
Merlin is open cycle single chamber engine.

They are different engines.

Where was it stated that they are one of the same?

1 Like

SpaceX uses RD-180 on Falcon 9

1 Like

Any day now Ziggy

1 Like

It does not contradict other data!
http://otvaga2004.mybb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=1998&p=29#p1365056

Wait is that what you’re arguing??

Jesus christ stop making me agree with Mig_23M. The Grid fins ABSOLUTLY act as airbrakes. Really, anything that generates lift (in this case the force needed to manipulate the booster) necessarily generates drag and it’s a proportional relationship. If it generates a force on the booster through aerodynamic effects it MUST also generate drag.

They absolutely don’t. The Merlin engine used on the Falcon 9 is entirely homegrown. What you’re thinking of is the Atlas 5. That one did use the RD-180 and that’s why it’s now retired, replaced by Vulcan using BE-4s

1 Like

lol sorry, about that Prophet. I would never intentionally.

As for the grid fins, they are not airbrakes. they are at best stabilizers with higher drag for immediate stability for in the Soyuz in the event of emergency as explained in detail.

Spoiler

Regarding the Falcon 9 its Grid fins are specifically designed for control of pitch, roll & yaw of the Falcon 9. They are hypersonic grid fins.

Spoiler

Aren’t the grid fins just used for manoeuvring?

1 Like

Seriously, try comic sans

Kh-38?Kab-250?

Do you guys know where i can regularly check changes in the game through datamines? I usually check it on Reddit but those take a bit of time for them to post.

You should try to understand what you are reading before you ever highlight it & try to use it in a written argument.

This dude then proceeds to own himself with the first “source” he manages to provide…Funniest part is that he took the time to snip a screenshot, highlight in two different colors more proof that Falcon 9 grid fins have nothing to do with airbrakes, post it & directly ping me…

It is the landing gears that are dual use & provides the massive increase in drag to slow the 603 ton vehicle in reentry. it & directly pinged me… Your boy, Elon himself said it. The grid fins are not mentioned because they are irrelevant to the equation.

Now he is worried about bolded text?! lmfao.

Spoiler

Question, when you were sitting there deciding on which highlighter colors to use, how excited where you?

Keep it real, you took the entire day to find what you somehow thought was some sort of mic drop bombshell. You failed to understand the context of what Musk was saying & were hyper fixated on the obvious. Large body surfaces generate drag & can reduce terminal velocity. This does not apply the grid fin, nor does it apply for the Falcon 9. Thats why it was not mentioned in drag and reducing any speeds.

If they were, Musk would have mentioned it as well. He did not because even though he is a hyper capitalist billionaire leader of the bourgeois larping as Tony Stark, he is not uneducated enough to believe hypersonic grid fins (the primary control surfaces the Falcon 9) would be optimized as an airbrake.

Spoiler

This is the most primitive demonstration of an adult’s reading comprehension & the lowest capability to critically think I have ever seen employed in a written argument.

I am actually a little embarrassed that I ever engaged rather than pity.
You cannot even use the internet effectively to reinforce your points without impeaching yourself & highlighting the worst evidence that diffuses your entire thought process.

Dude screeched 24 hours on a completely made-up assumption that the Hypersonic grid fins of the Falcon 9 are actually OPTIMIZED as airbrakes & refused to provide a single source almost the entire time.
When he finally does share his one “source”. A transcribed statement from Elon Musk…

He ignorantly post & even highlights (lol) Musk’s clarification that the landing gear provides sufficient massive drag & are dual use in reducing terminal velocity by 50% upon retry in atmosphere. This dual use in the landing gear reduces the amount of propellant therefore more is available & dedicated to successfully stopping & landing the vehicle,

The 6ft grid fins are not mentioned by Elon Musk nor by any legitimate scientific source of producing enough drag to reduce the immense velocity & inertia (Kinetic Energy) generated by the 229.6 foot tall, 603.96 Ton (1,207,920lb) Falcon 9 as it hits all speed regimes in reentry & while in atmosphere.

It’s not mentioned because it is absolutely the most absurd, uneducated brain-dead idea that it would.

Spoiler

Oh, look everyone, the textbook tactics of a loser.

When a man feels it necessary to moan about bolded text another man types TWICE because no one cared the first time is not a healthy look. Its only because you have nothing else to say but feel you must.

I specifically enhance the text to draw attention to those who have a poor reading comprehensions its very effective :) Thats why it’s most apparent when I reply to you. If I could draw a picture & use colored text I would because you sure as hell need them in all forms of communications. Understanding context is clearly not your strong suit. As shown in your highlighted “research” above into the Falcon 9 grid fins…

Everyone else can read perfectly fine, retain information & possesses a deeper understanding than basic surface reading. I do not need to bold text with anyone else really. Just you.

Yes, there was such information…

Spoiler

1 Like

They are not used outside

6 R-77-1/M outside + 4 R-77M inside

Don’t have F-15, can do for MiG-29 later

Yes! This! So stop highlighting stuff. Or use comic sans so we know you’re posting satire.

(Yes it’s been quite obvious in this discussion that you’re defiantly and arrogantly wrong).

1 Like

You will have to wait for Su-35 for dual racks. It can carry 12 max.