Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Does the Su 27 have any significant durability issues with vertical surfaces ? Are they not stressed in maneuvering by vibration, buffeting etc ?

1 Like

I’ve never heard of it. But there were problems when releasing the airbrake. Therefore, its speed was limited to 0.9M.The flow from the air brake destroyed the vertical surfaces

2 Likes

There was such a thing in the history of the Su-27

1 Like

@wasa850
It was supposed to be a MiG-29

2 Likes

Well, the broad wings would indicate it is a high lift & maneuverable imo. The again that is the same mistake assessment made in analyzing the Mig-25 that the Americans did.

I figure its maneuverability was aimed for higher transonic & supersonic regimes like the F-15.

Btw, it just me or does anyone else think the prototype look insanely cool? It also reminds me of the Su-57 a little.

I said nothing of the Chinese people.

You wanted to make it seem like I was claiming Chinese people are liars and then call me a pet, curious

… Anything with broad wings is high lift & maneuverable?

Is that where it was optimized?

How strange

The reading comprehension of a 6th grader…

You continue to prove this.

Reread what I said, carefully.

It is strange that a grown man whose entire existence on the forum is to follow me around in every topic & must reply to every one of my posts.

Some people would call that obsessed & creepy.
I bet you log in & the first thing you do is go straight to my profile activity huh?

Very reminiscent of the NA-335, which was North American’s prototype for the FX (F-15). The NA-335 was intended to be highly maneuverable and was highly praised in the design evaluations for its use of a wing. Maybe the engineers at the time thought the Ogival wing was good at maneuvering.
The Sukhoi T-10 has a similar wing, but it did not work well. Above 10 AoA there is a strong buffet.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Reminiscent? It looks like Sukhoi worked on the project too! I am just not feeling the single vertical stab.

Soviet intelligence had its own people in the North American company…Another similar one…

Spoiler

f-107
№ 82

2 Likes

They sure did! We need this Mig. But it did not hold weapons iirc? Correct?

1 Like

Уголок неба ¦ Микоян, Гуревич Е-8 (airwar.ru)

1 Like

No kill is an easy kill against an experienced Flanker.

First game of the day, warming up & I was caught slipping with full fuel & rack of R-27ERs by a M2k 5F who started off with an energy advantage & at my 6 o’clock.
(Was not able to drop the ERs as I was scanning for additional opponents coming in as this dude was chasing me.)

Thought it was a funny engagement, enjoy.

Opponent’s PoV.

2 Likes

Interesting, that similarity never occurred to me.
I know the ws-300, the resemblance to the MiG 25 is great. I was giving the WS-300 as an example that the F-15 is not a copy of the MiG 25.
At the time, North American was one of the top aircraft manufacturing companies.

Funny :D

1 Like

lmao that was crazy, his missile in 0:14 tho, scary shit.

1 Like

Every thread I read includes you and MiG-23M in some back and forth tit for tat. It is to the point that if one of y’all isn’t active in the thread, its probably not worth reading the info included in it.

1 Like

My preflare that was because of some Gripen behind is what saved me from that Magic II. We got straight up ambushed lol.

1 Like

My apologies I misunderstood you & got defensive.

Yeah, I just do not like the intentional negativity when I am trying to be positive though.

1 Like