Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

In reality, the engine AL-31F-M1 adopted in Russia in 2007…
It was installed on the Su-27SM of the 3rd series, not to be confused with the Su-SM3.
By the way, in camouflage, game number 26 is one of these aircraft…
for example…АКАН №47353 Су-27 - Бельбек и другие: 2015-2016 г. : Форум моделистов

It has early cockpit in game. And default camo is 04.

Is 04 Red is one which was equipped with TGP?

Such?
http://scalemodels.ru/articles/10757-zvezda-1-72-su-27sm-lipeckogo-cbp-sokoly-rossii.html

Or default might be #10

1 Like

No only SM3

Number 10 is 22 IAP_kak CM entered the regiment in October 2008… Early only 04 Lipetsky…

3 Likes

http://www.xliby.ru/transport_i_aviacija/vzlyot_2008_05/p14.php

1 Like

The level of detail I want in my Flankers. If you guys know this exact aircraft, you will understand :)

The fake cockpit skin??

1 Like

The mud guard is painted too.

2 Likes

I thought you are talking about this specific skin (diff number same skin) that has the outline of the cockpit painted on bottom

2 Likes

I am so excited. I do not care for any other jet. Unless Chinese flanker is released too.

Oh also the F-14 with a rear radar & aim54s

Hopefully these two will be the kings of BVR like they are supposed to be.

As you boys know, I believe the ER is heavily overperforming. Now that we have the R-77 coming I think we should honestly discuss it.

The R-27ER loses energy to the aim-120 because of control fin/rudder size & its massive weight.
The R-27ER has extremely heavy rocket rudder drives. Due to the large span of the rudders, their control unit weighs about 70 kilograms (that is, almost half of the American AIM-120 missile).

The Aim-120 is going to have a better acceleration and energy over the R-27ER every day of the week. If the ER is performing this good much better than the ET (ET is modelled correctly just not seeker) we are going to be in a world of trouble & the Aim-120 will overperform too & ruin the R-77.

I am afraid that the new Flanker is going to be outgunned because the ER is still set too high in acceleration & energy retention.

No. Bvr king in next update, will be F-15J MSIP and mirage 2000-5F

1 Like

Discuss it in “Remove R-27” or R-27 main thread, not here

4 Likes

Yes, sir.

I do not want to remove it from the flanker though.

Anyway, are we actually going to get radar FOV modes & ranges now. Does someone have research done on this Mech version?

I have read pilots’ opinions on the Su 27 and MiG 29 in manoeuvre air combat. Unfortunately I can’t find the source anymore, but it was based on the fact that the MiG 29 is better at higher altitudes, accelerates better and is better in vertical, the disadvantage is the short range. It was an interesting read.
obrázek_2024-05-29_183453946

The Su 27 SM is coming to WT, when was it introduced into service ?

2 Likes