Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

And this proves again… Nothing.

Just because it is not listed there does not mean it doesn’t exist.

Choose any rude word you want that describes a stupid man and think that I called you that. Something that doesn’t exist can’t be listed somewhere.

1 Like

No. You take that to yourself.

You are extremely ignorant, clearly.

There is literal photos of the aircraft yet you think it does not exist. 😂🤣

Keep living in your delusions Bro.

With the logic of your “proof” Su-30, Su-35, Su-57, Su-25, Su-34, Su-24 does NOT exist Rofl.

Aircraft exist. Just under other name instead of “SM2” made up by people on forums to show the difference between SM series.

1 Like

It doesn’t lead up to the Su-35S. Su-27SM is just Su-27S with Fox-3 Capability, Pastel RWR and CAS options. Su-35S are not built from existing Su-27S/SM platforms as far as I know.

Su-27SM in the Russian Air Force

1. The first prototype of the Su-27SM-tail number “56” red was converted from the Su-27 23 IAP…delivered in 2002 to GLITZ…
  2. 4 CBPiPLS (Lipetsk) - 5 pcs. : side numbers “02”,“03”,"04"“06” and “07” (red), were transferred in December 2003.
  3. Former Su-27 23 IAP (Dzemgi - Komsomolsk-on-Amur) - 24 pcs.: side numbers “69”-“92” (red)…
  4. Former Su-27 22 IAP (Central Corner - Vladivostok) - 24 pcs.: side numbers (blue) “01”-“12”, 21", 24",“26”-“32”…

P.S…Su-27SM1 /Su-27SM2-mythical projects of modernization of the Su-27 to the level of the Su-35S…

I didn’t find SM2, but I did find SM3.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/0GPpvSFq9j45

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It quite literally does lead up to the Su-35S.

It has nothing to do wether it was built upon the SM variants.

Overall nerf for acceleration?

defo a nerf for supersonic speeds
Probably a buff at some intervals at mid to low speeds.
Though they will also have to adjust the drag to match the turning curves

That source only calculates F-15,16 and Tornado performance based on its own data. It cannot be used for real comparison

Here it says where the data for the Su-27 is taken from (“Руководство по технической эксплуатации N 10 книга 1”, which is the technical manual).

Spoiler

And here is one of the graphs provided, which I am using for the report. It overlays the Su-27 and F-15 energy gain at full burner under 1G.

Spoiler

I am not using the analysis of the report, just the graphs provided.

Did they ever get an F-15 to do the comparison against, or is this inferred / extrapolated data?

it’s a guess, basically
it also seems wrong because the F-15 has a higher TWR than the Su-27 at all fuel loadings

1 Like

Are you joking? The prototype of the su35 was born before there was even the idea to create the SM modification it’s like saying that the MLU package led to the F16C even though the F16C was created before.
You are basing your conclusion out of the name of the plane.
There’s a post on the suggestions of the forum that talks about the su35, go read that instead of talking about your nonsense.

https://ruslet.webnode.cz/technika/ruska-technika/letecka-technika/p-o-suchoj/su-27sm3/

I remember back in the day su37 was shining on the airshows but then it got shafted and the su35s appeared. It turns out canards are not the best idea.

Thankfully European designs shows otherwise.

Must be Russian design fault.

1 Like