Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

@kitsune_qq, why are you arguing on here when you don’t even play top-tier air? I’m level 91, and you have fewer combined top-tier games than me. This is your rank 8 game.

No?

We’d be lucky if they make it 13.3 like the Su-27S because it has 12 pylons instead of 10.

The canards + larger wings give it more lift overall which helps offset the weight increase. The engines also feature an emergency boost mode, but I don’t know if/how this would implemented, perhaps in a similar fashion as how rocket boosters are activated in game.

As for the canards themselves, they were added on Sukhois whenever the centre of pressure needed to be moved forward for whatever reason. A side effect of that is better lift performance and less buffeting at high angles of attack (allowing the plane to pull G more safely) due to the vortices they create forward of and above the main wing.

It’s important to remember that Sukhoi canards do not control pitch like those seen on the Gripen; instead, they “follow the airflow” and point downwards towards the velocity vector of the plane when pitching up, similar to leading edge flaps/slats.

what is not? when they are in the nomenclature of weapons

Incorrect statement

Please do show me in this video how the canards are used to control the pitch.

Perhaps this photo is more illustrative?

Isn’t this only for taking off? Don’t think this AB will get added.

I believe so, so I also doubt it’d get added, especially since all naval fighters are modeled as being catapult-capable anyway. Then again, there are several planes that have takeoff boosters in the game, hence my doubt.

Russia bought several hundred R-77’s in the '00s, but likely used them up in testing. Given how WT is pretty generous with limited production and experimental missiles, it seems fairly reasonable to have R-77’s on older Russian modernization like the MiG-29SMT and Su-27SM (as well as abortive Soviet projects like the Su-27M and MiG-29M).

That being said, Gaijin will probably end up allowing more Russian prototype missiles, because there’s not much left to add otherwise for top tier aircraft.

You only see the cover.Not knowing how they work,

Canard control consists of two signals, not one

Someones worldview is limited to a boring mode.

Your “proof” is a control surface check on the ground not tied to any flight conditions? And you claim that I don’t know how they work?? I literally interviewed Sukhoi engineers at an air show in 2014 to ask about canard usage. Your ignorance warrants no further replies.

Look carefully at the stabilizer and the canard 2:28. Well done for interviewing.And I’ve worked for them for a long time and I know how and what works

Just a question here, is the Su-30 coming still this year a possibility?

If you’re talking about DCS, then no FM is not ready yet

What version? There are a lot of them, with different characteristics.

Talkin about War thunder

30SM variant

You don’t play top tier, and you argue about top tier, make it make sense.

2 Likes

Ha-ha, how funny.
Game is not limited to worsest gamemode aka air rb.