Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Well how many battles in the Su-27SM?

This is the best kind of tragic comedy, I don’t know if I should laugh or cry

So we should be on the same page, I’m only half paying attention and I have no issues…

@Malekitth if you’re trying to do what you know the plane can’t do, of course you will perform poorly.

proof

I was so hyped during patch release that I bought all the performance and missile mods for it with GE. So in match 1 I had green performance stats and all missiles

I spaded the F-15C by playing, only bought talisman for it to accelerate spading.

He doesn’t have any because he’s lying. Actual test data

At 20km distance and 1km altitude the R-27ER hits the target 2 whole seconds faster than the AIM-120.

Additionally, the test assumes both targets maintain perfect head-on conditions. Notching or cranking further pushes the time in favor of the R-27ER. So much so that at 60+km distance and 10km altitude from mach 1 launch, the time to target for the R-27ER when manually lofted can be as much as 15-20 seconds sooner than the AIM-120.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s what I thought. Although I noticed that the ER’s hit speed drops below the others past 28km, must be because it doesn’t have much lofting compared to the others. Thankfully you can manually loft lol.

Here is R-27ER custom missile file with R-77 loft parameters.

Hit speed is well above the other missiles.

Good luck getting symmetrical launch parameters with either the F16 or 15

2 Likes

Their climb rates aren’t so vastly different that it would affect hit time a lot. Even if the Su-27 isn’t as good at climbing compared to the F-15, the R-27ER is just so fast that it’ll make up for the time lost and then some.

1 Like

The SM is lacking in some aspects, but it isn’t that bad. You are clearly doing something wrong.

Here are mine, for example:

Spoiler

I am usually around 2.5 - 3.5 K/D. I am 2.5 in the SM. And that is with a low number of battle, where half or more were with a not full missile loadout and near no performance mods. I was around 1.7 then, and raised it to 2.5 fairly quickly after performance spading it. So my K/D while spaded in that thing is probably around 2.8 - 3.0. Not that far off from other aircraft.

You only have like 62 battles in it and 59 kills. That is not enough matches for a reliable K/D if you aren’t GEing your mods. Spade it and play some more.

Asymmetrical is where its’ at. That’s why I’ll stay low and launch my lofted R-27ER at you while you’re climbing. I’ll lock you at around 30 seconds so you have maybe 10s notice maximum. All the fun.

The difference between the fox-3 and the R-27ER is that I can go to the missile POV and wait until you have insufficient time to respond to my hard lock. The FOX-3’s give you a good 15-20s head start notice that you’re under attack.

1 Like

Btw at what altitude do you usually launch your R-27ERs and at what range?

I find a lot of success climbing to 10-11km and lofting as high as I can against a target 65km away.

And I assume you guide it until hardlock with TWS?

No, I lock just long enough to fire and then drop the lock immediately… go back to notching. I’ll fire it at any small group of people climbing at the start of the match from 50-60km+.

I’m not thinking about it that hard, just finding a group that is together as I can always switch to the one not defending.

1 Like

My experience has been that the time difference between the two when coupled with cranking is not much different and that an Aim-120 will be pitbull around 10 seconds before the R-27ER impacts the target.

So if both sides stay hot to each other…even with cranking…you are basically forcing yourself to trade with them.

It happens when you are too low speed

In my experience the FOX-3’s chase chaff like R-60’s chase lamp.
The angry moth syndrome of these missiles gives the R-27 launcher a huge advantage. In the MiG-29SMT I can almost always just hit the chaff button 2-3 times while cranking and fool fox-3’s even at closer ranges.

The Su-27’s advantage is that most of the time I’m not even being launched on or the enemy isn’t cranking me because he doesn’t know I’ve launched anything at him.

2 Likes

If they try to launch an AMRAAM at the same range I launch my R-27ER, they’ll simply get too slow and get cranked. This is an example of what a slow AMRAAM looks like.

2 Likes