Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Replacing the engine with a new one

2 Likes

Debate discusses strengths and weaknesses without preferences

1 Like

Why does the F-15 suddenly have a BVR advantage over the Su-27? if the detection distance is almost the same for both.And the R-27ER is superior to the AIM-7

3 Likes

no
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/eBYSZDAzruGG
APG-63 has between 54% more range(if we take the high value for N001) and 93% more range(with the low value in N001) with HPRF.
It doesn’t have that classic 30% loss in range N001s and N019s have for a radar lock but ~10% loss.
Better antenna with much lower sidelobes(slotted array against inverse cassegrain).
Things like NCTR to tell what you are against
A smaller beam width allowing better resolution
And when you need better resolution, modes like RAM(If pre-MSIP) allow you to view closely spaced targets
TWS(MSIP)

Filters, performance, reliability, etc

Could be argued. One has longer guidance time, guidance algo, lofts, can be shot farther and no RWR warning when firing the sparrow.
But the ER has obscene kinematic performance.

And don’t forget the get classic SPO-15 RWR which lights up as a “christmas tree” when the Radar or Jammer is in use. Which unironically limits you to using either one of these 3: RWR or Radar or Jammer

But SU-27 has basically datalink which is a nice big plus.

Ok and how do you compare the files not shared via Datamine?

Unless… you actually believe that every single game file in all of WT, every single modelling parameter that can possibly be altered by developers is shared publicly every single update no matter how small and insignificant?

If you have a personal issue with those who enjoy & find hobby in providing the community Datamine reports believing it to be nothing special. Take it up with them, not me.

Can you provide any proof?

By the looks of it I am pretty humble, I admit mistake and always acknowledge the possibility I am not correct. I am even praised for it.

Why are you so offended? I do not even know you.

Do you have anything to add regarding the Su27? Please actually fly it some matches and let me know what your thoughts are. Thats what matters to me. Is it performing good or needs work? Where and why?

Just want to say - the developers have done something to fix the Starstreak for the Stormer HVM, and as far as I know it hasn’t appeared in any datamines/changelogs.

1 Like

Such as?

Aw man, you’re gonna hate this…

You wouldn’t have a game, nor assets for a game, if you did not have some way for players to access the files of the game. If you simply didn’t have those files, you wouldn’t have a game.
Funnily enough, the files we are judging are the core of the game itself. Without them, you can’t play.

I don’t. I have an issue with ignoramuses claiming that this is some specialized action that only very few people can do. The unpacking and formatting software is free, and the files are in your directory. From there, it’s quite literally drag and drop.

Then again, I apparently don’t have datamine tools… They’re hard to come by, you know!

Proof of my joke that only has a basis in personal experience? Sure, yeah, lemme grab that for you.

Why are you making asinine claims? You speak as if you know what everybody does, has, and thinks, and you’re adamant on your belief that you can’t see every single change made to the game.

I’m sure.
Sounds humble to me, I especially loved the part where you were the topic of the Su-27 mattered to you.

1 Like

Do you have an approximate timeframe for this? It’s a thread from over half a year ago, so it’s hard to narrow down what “fix” Smin is talking about.

Nothing gets past you, huh?

I understand you are angry; I’ll give you space guy who I do not know.

Do you have anything to say in regard to the Su27? I am more than happy to hear your feedback and experience & research on the aircraft. Can never be too much research on the Flanker.

Again with the hypocrisy. You claim people don’t have the tools to dig into datamines, I provide you with the exact file and an entry-level program to allow you to format them.

You then deflect multiple times, claiming I’m off topic or “angry”. I’m not angry, and you weren’t on-topic to begin with.

It’s a plane? It carries missiles, a gun, it has engines, a pilot.

But again, would you like to address how staggeringly wrong you are about datamining?

Hell, let’s start here. Download Notepad++ and get these plugins.

1 Like

The stormer was fixed in the last few days, as per smin’s response, but there has been no changelog released yet because the fix isn’t complete. People in the thread started noticing a few days ago it.

1 Like

I’ll check back in a few days to see if a changelog is given, I’ve got a few backups that I can compare it with.

If you do see anything, feel free to PM.

We appreciate the model, history and technology of the Flanker more than just being a mere airplane.

Yeah and @Pacifica corrected and reminded me that I know better.

Do you have anything to add regarding the Su27? I would love to hear your feedback from actually playing the aircraft as designed. I would love see your research into it and where you think the aircraft can improve.

I have no interest in talking about game files or your vast experience with notepads, clients and game modeling. Whether I was off topic last week is hardly a justification to continue today, right?

Make an appropriate topic, invite me to join etc.
Thanks.

2 Likes

And yet you still repeat it? For the last 5 months you’ve done the same thing, and have been corrected a myriad of times. Hell, in almost every thread you’ve engaged in you’ve been ratio’d by everybody calling you out.

I’m good, thanks. I’ll stick to messing around in customs and giving my two cents where it matters.

Whether or not you were off-topic, it needs correcting.

1 Like

What was the problem that was “fixed”? A hit-detection issue? That is something that tends to be server side and not picked up by datamine. Flight model & missile performance stuff is all in the datamine since those variables are all visible on the client side.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to figure out, and why I’d rather wait. Most of the issues presented by the people who use it are horrible hit detection and registration, so it’s very unlikely that any file change can fix it.

If it’s narrowed down to a physical change, it’s worth checking. If it’s simply a server issue, then it isn’t a problem with the missile itself. I have no interest in it if it itself isn’t tweaked.

Missed the IRL part of that

1 Like

Upon further review it would appear that I have, in fact, missed that part

My bad, ill delete the original comment

Don’t write nonsense.What are 54% 110km vs 120km where are 54%?
And you’re funny to add pictures where the target is detected against the background of the earth further than in free space

Do not confuse the SPO-15 with the Su-27 and the MiG-29, they reacted differently

2m² for 75 Nautical miles. N001 is 80-100km for a 3m² target. You might not like it but it is what it is. One is just a bigger N019.

Oh no, that statement comes straight from the manual. You can check it yourself. Radar, rwr or jammer. Its ass

1 Like