Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection (Part 3)

Multiple transmitters and receivers, but not TRMs. Needed to generate multiple CW beams for multi SARH guidance, Buk operates on the same principle.
People call it PESA-AESA hybrid, but it’s more of a multiple PESA combined to work like one.

2 Likes

The guy I was talking to called it a “Compound PESA”. Which, considering how it works, makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Irbis is secretely a fancy lego kit

1 Like

All ESA radars are a Very Fancy Lego Kit.

I mean, realistically, everything can be a Very Fancy Lego Kit.

Lego is just that cool.

1 Like

Heck the entire plane itself is a fancy lego kit meant to fight other legos

1 Like

If you really think about it even Subatomic Particles are just very fancy Legos.

1 Like

Jokes aside the antenna of bars and irbis and byelka are literally built as if they are a lego, they just place and fix the “planks”

298703-4961b6c90abe81dd66f2222549bfb91b

Here is the byelka which was later used on t 50 3

1 Like

image

When are we getting a MiG-29 with Byelka?

We could wish, mig29 is almost at its end now

Su35 is getting a appropriately resized byelka however, just dk by when it will be finished

1 Like

I’m very interested to see if it retains the ±120* gimbal.

1 Like

Yes, 60 to each side :)))

2 Likes

I said ± 120*.

You fool.

1 Like

I purposely decontextualized the 120

1 Like

Multi angle view through ground or air radar. We know their IADS have been claimed for that but integration into plane would be new (or its same and is just datalinking into plane). Or low frequency ground radars and generally getting you “close enough”

Im so close to commit serious verbal actions.

Why do i have to play with people who knows nothing but base bombing and die like a vegetable, ffs…

I like how both the Su-27sm’s managed to score 0 kills, then again one bombed a base with it, so yeah…

Meanwhile i bombed 2 bases and got 3 kills in a FREAKING SU34, shows how low iq those players are…

1 Like

I like how there is a f16cm on your team but it only shows a Russia flag on the team country’s.

Only people alive get their flag.

1 Like

Flags changes depending on which player is alive, in this case i was the only one who left so scoreboard only shows Russian flags, if they were alive however us flag would’ve also appeared as well.