Ship number 798 - Super Yamato(A-150 battleship)

I’m more supportive of this ship being in the game rather than not, but obviously, players from other nations will want equivalent ships, like the Montana. That’s fine. That being said, I hope this doesn’t lead to the more crazy ships like the later H-class proposals.

It may be better to have the Yamato ship with the option to swap out the gun turrets, as was once proposed by the Japanese ,IIRC

3 Likes

If this got added, you could definitely expect ships like it to be added such as Montana, K-1000 and some of the larger H-class ships etc.

Yes using the guns are built reasoning, some H-class proposal can definitely be proposed.

K-1000 was a complete hoax, the most you could probably expect for the USSR in that vein is Project 24

Everything up to H-41 could probably be reasonably proposed. Everything after that is either fake or made by an unofficial branch of the Nazi government with no real power to have anything constructed and no parts exist.

Actually not that much. If this so called penetration ‘bug’ by moderator is not fixed, even early 16’’ ships could be threat to Yamato on some map. And even if fixed, it’s only French and British battleship that would have problem against Yamato on 10~15 km. yes Yamato has good main armor, but it is terrible at angling, and almost no battleship at WW2 design to tank shell in near 10 km.

That is also the reason why I’m not so optimistic about this ship. Same(or less) armor compared to Yamato, and three less gun with longer reload? Nah, 51 cm gun would be just an obstacle for IJN until they have 8-gun, 460 mm version(which also not that OP in WT naval condition)

Yeah, it’s a no from me. I don’t like paper vehicles in the game period, and if I had my way vehicles like the Krondshat would never have been added in the first place, although I begrudgingly understand why Gaijin made the limitations for what can or can’t be added looser for boats.

Regardless, I really don’t feel the Super Yamato is a valid inclusion to begin with. Sure, one or two guns were built, but the ship was never laid down and all technical documentation, from what I can gather, was destroyed long ago. Even if we say it’s a viable inclusion based off of two guns being produced, which is, frankly, an incredibly big stretch, the fact that we don’t even know for sure what it looked like, let alone actual technical specifications sinks it for me.

1 Like