(Sd. Kfz. 142/1) Sturmgeschütz III G (Dec 1944)

Just reverse image searched this, why in gods name is this so expensive? It isn’t even super old or anything.

They are touted as the definitive books on the Sturmgeschutz. That plus this crappy economy & inflation

Werent there versions of the 3G with some extra cemented armor and stuff on the front ?

Yes, but need more information on this (used when? how common? how thick?..etc)

2 Likes

Also it would be extremely nice if StuH 42 could get its MG, because, as a HEAT-slinger, it suffers greatly from any kind of cover, that blocks its shells, and MG is essential to bring them down.

2 Likes

Yes there are a bunch of cool cement armor tanks done by US, USSR(highly recommend some of the silly massive cement add-ons for T-34) and germany that really could be interesting.
I think the thing keeping it back might be that gajin is hesitant to add that as yet another type of armor because especially in case of some of the “mobile bunkers” it would require a lot of behind the scenes works to model and get it to work right in the game. There are a whole set of different interactions that would require to be simulated

I use the Pzgr. as primary ammo (25 Pzgr. and 10 Gr.39 HL/C Heat rounds)
Tho i wish they would finally give it its Pzgr. Rot Apcbc, while with lower velocity of 461m/s it would get a wopping 10mm pen increase to 82mm, doesnt sound much, but it can with that penetrate KWs at flat angles.

2 Likes

Yeah, this too. However, HEAT is pretty effective, it can overpressure and does well vs heavily armored tanks that happen.
Also killing milk trucks with MG is a duty of every civilised man.

3 Likes

+1 We need more low tier vehicles.

After giving the community so much slobbish, tasteless gruel, Gaijin ought to give us something like this! +1 <3

3 Likes

Well I did do a late StuH 42 with MGs topic as well:

2 Likes

Replace the StuG with an updated model and make the current one a collector’s item essentially 👍

3 Likes

Same for StuH - these guns deserve better.
Ehhh, too bad Germany did not make a 105mm “mine shell” filled to the brim with RDX, so the only real HE slingers are 15cm armed with muzzle velocity slightly higher than a well-thrown rock :/

1 Like

sphs like hummel should fix the velocity problem for the 15 cm he shells. So there is that.

1 Like

The real question is when gaijin is finally correcting the muzzlebreak on the StuG III Ausf. G. This is wrong since day one and they know cause on the italian StuG III it is modeled correctly.

3 Likes

The Sadly in game missing F.H.Gr. Fern

F.H.Gr. F (He (TF) (No Tracer)) 14,81 kg 2,21-2,335 kg filler Fp.02 und Np.10 (2,83-2,99 kg TnTa) 540 m/s

And for the 10,5 cm LeFh 16 there was a shell with 1,9-2kg He filler.

Lg.F.H. Gr. (He (No Tracer)) 15,6 kg 2 kg Fp.60/40 391 m/s

(Possibly could also have a higher charge.)
Screenshot 2024-08-11 094537
Screenshot 2024-08-11 094309
Screenshot 2024-08-11 094224

3 Likes

Stupid question but what is wrong with it?

Havent you taken a look at it? Its squished, too short.

Haven’t used it in a long time

Just compare these two.

As Ghostmaxi pointed out, it´s compressed and deformed.

1 Like