SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

That is an article talking about the anti-g system in the Gripen G-suit. The ‘G-regulators’ they are talking about are not the FCS limiter. They are talking about the regulator which controls the pressure in the G-suit trousers when the aircraft is pulling gs.

Here you can see a test they did on 10 of the different regulators, taking the trouser pressures at different levels of g.

After some close teamwork with the G-regulator supplier HAY, a modification of the anti-gregulator was made in order to be able to guarantee correct pressure in the g-suit.

Trouser inflation aside… I have read somewhere that the initial FCS had issues to keep the aircraft stable past 7.5g, but that was fixed by the time it reached production for the A model.

1 Like

Bad wording on my part, you’re right. Should have shown the 10G graph as well

To change the subject a bit. Anyone having some issues with the TWS radar mode? I need to try and get a clip of it ideally (will try next time I play) but it keeps… Freezing. I’ll track a target and then the markers wont update and then new ones will appear after a few seconds and the old ones will remain until they fade

Besides the ARMSCOR document does anyone have any reliable information on the Gripen sustained or instant turn rates?

There is nothing on the sustained turn rate in here

Doesn’t anyone care that he’s missing a guided bomb?

Harrier and Viggen, next slide

If you care, please support it.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/51Xh0IlTrxla

1 Like

But we can see from this file that it doesn’t seem to be rolling at the right speed in the game.

There is very little correct about the aircraft currently regarding the FM.

Not that I know of. Could be hard to report it all the time that the aircraft isn’t actually ripping at that G anyway.

As a sidenote to all the complaints the community has, can we all agree that the level of quality on responses on bug reports has drastically increased?

Now we actually get a response from devs on why the report was not accepted/implemented and i love it!

I have yet to see an airplane with ‘‘peace time’’ and ‘‘war time’’ structural limits.
On the other graph is about the structural integrity of the external store and the pylons more than the structural strength of the wing, that is why it remains constant with the weight.

I know that engines often get limited to extend their life span during peace time, but I’ve never heard of an aircraft’s load factor being limited.

This have been the standard since the new community bug report web was created 2 years ago, it has been a massive improvement in respect to forum bug reports of the past.
One of the moderators that does the most on delivering responses from developers is Trickzzter and he was getting hate for that…
But well that is on another topic.

Well, it is on every aircraft manual that you can find.

in my experience (and MANY others) it was the lack of respons that was the issue. a vast majority of the reports was labeled “not a bug” with NO further info. this is the most info i’ve ever seen us get on bug reports.
and if it has been the standard then that standard has not been followed properly the last 6 months to a year.
previously i could look through reports and see a majority of closed ones without explanation. now almost all of the reports i look at has an explanation accompanying the closing.

Edit:
last i heard anything about this the answer i got was this:

Staff will not add explanations, it has always been up to players to PM Tech Mods and they will explain anything

( Bug report duplicate should link to original report. - Questions to the Team - War Thunder - Official Forum )

2 Likes

I can only see two examples at most of what you say on your profile.
And this are because human errors.

He probably means forum moderators with ‘‘staff’’