SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

Nah the Gripen is clapping the winrate in it is unreal

4 Likes

#BritishSupremacy

True but also ive got a 71% WR in the JAS-39C atm lol. (for reference Tornado F3 WR for me iirc is barely 50%)

I havent played enough to get a decent idea of WR, but i’ve not got a positive K/D in it yet.

in the JAS? damn, then again if your stock grinding with the actually balanced FM then yeah thats understandable

I rushed G Suit, 9Ms and BOLs. Nothing else so far. none of the FP mods.

dont blame you id reccomend picking up Boosters and Flares so you can take chaff as it helps a great deal with the R27 and AIM-7M and then the rank III/IV performance mods then whatever you fancy

Think i’ve got the Flrs Chaff one too but cant remember

1 Like

Think my WR is 73% and a 3.55 KD. It’s cranked.

2 Likes

Mines about 76% and just over a 3.0 had some silly games with friends which resulted in crashing into one another though 🤣

1 Like

I mean we can both scratch off one death on that front ahaha…

Do you think I was wrong about anything in that report? Or were they referring to me thinking it should act like an aircraft with negative static stability?

1 Like

My winrate was in the high 90% range but it has slowly ticked down to low 90s. I think it’s because US+JPN teams were so unbelievably bad but now getting slightly better. I could not get 90% winrates in an OP prop if I tried.

2 Likes

Yeah that was just a engine inspection 😂

If you have a 50% WL rate in the Tornado you should have a freaking 99% WL rate in any other top tier plane :D

1 Like

uhhh is it just me or is the model for the bol rails missing when using the 9L

what the hell its there in a match???

Try deleting the loadout and remaking it if its custom.

its not a custom loadout tho

The bug report is good, it’s just that they insist the aircraft is statically stable, and fail to recognize that the aerodynamic center is not a fixed point, so as the static margin and they would change as AOA increases.

If the game coded a fixed static margin then it’s wrong. It’s as funny as they said the F-16C has a positive static margin, but neglect the fact that the aerodynamic center shifts forward at high AOA, making it highly unstable.

Ultimately, we got proof from SAAB that both the canard and elevon deflect downward as AOA increases, as explained here:

And the pitching moment coefficient curve that I would very much like to see how they could draw a curve that represents the neutral canard position that has a downward slope (positive static margin).

4 Likes

Like this:
funny positve static margin

2 Likes