SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

I didn’t edit any of my posts. It should not survive more than 150% of 9G in-game, that is how it is currently modeled pending a fix for the whole 17G overload thing which is unusual.

You know, it says if there have been edits in the top right corner of the post. Celestia is the only one who has edited their post recently.

Would I need sources for soft/hard limits or just a report stating that damping mode is using soft limits and not hard limits?

You can just try with the source of the other report.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1474667015332274

Okay, shall get one put together tonight. Thank you

1 Like

12G limitation for SAS damper mode would be great for the sim community using the Gripen

Does anyone have info on the JAS39 rate ?? It seems to be a complete UFO Rate fight wise

Another Gripen report in: Community Bug Reporting System

2 Likes

Assuming the JA 37’s peak sustained turn rate of 15.48 deg/s at 400 knots is correct we can extrapolate from this data that the Gripen should be capable of ~22.22 deg/s sustained. I personally don’t think this is correct, and the chart has no numbers so could very much be incorrect or not to scale.

Source

2 Likes

Ok, seems pretty strange, spaded it and played it in 1v1s, it’s seems to have little to no drag and unlimited engine power, and it’s ratefighting better than an F16, it seems unfinished and unpolished imo… it may be a misinterpretation from myself. I expected… something else and not as broken.

It is fully statically unstable at low speeds but the canard causes this, after a certain point the canard should be required to maintain nose attitude and add less to the lift - stabilizing the airplane. Sustained turn rates at high speed probably shouldn’t be so high. I’ll read more into some documentation on the Gripen though and see what I can find.

1 Like

That’s awesome. That’s what keeps getting me at the moment. Too use to just max throttle and never ripping. So that will deffo help

I hope your source is attached and we can’t see it.

It is attached. Here’s the page:

1 Like

You can never see bug report sources, in case they are classified

Uh, no, it’s not because they might be classified because committing literal crime is not part of Gaijin’s bug report tracker.

I hope gaijin not forget considered Litening III replace Litening II first major update. but change radar to PS-05A/ Mk.3

And add Mk.13 & Mk.18 Paveway II on SAAF Gripen C

paveway-2

The canards are another thing currently not well-modelled. I have read in several places that they do not participate in rolling the aircraft (only the elevons should), but I haven’t found a good source for that. Anyone have one? In game they move when rolling.

Btw, can we edit the title? This discussion is not exclusively about the SAAF Gripen.

we should also be able to use them as air brakes on the ground, but currently doesn’t seem to work completely even pitching the nose down.

1 Like

Just curious, currently the gripen is among the best FMs if not the best FM for realistic battles. Is the gripen arguably overperforming or are the turn rates and energy retention actually correct besides the G-load limits people are discussing above?

Well people are saying it G limits might be too low so i think its fine in the turn rates
The F16A is still the better FM