SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

While the MLD performed better than peers, and still mostly does… it wasn’t due to an error in the FM causing severe overperformance.

The gripen, while performing above its’ peers… does so due to an erroneous temporary flight model pending fixes that allow unstable designs to function with instructor.

Excuse me, it’s unrelated this topic but another fighter aircraft with active radar homing BVRAAM as a researchable before JAS39C Gripen from SAAF would be Atlas Cheetah C or Cheetah D for UK tech tree ?

1 Like

maybe it could come with R darter as well it would be nice to see

That would be an option, but I’d rather they gave one with the R-Darter and one without, so that we could have a 11.3-12.3 fighter aside from the FGR.

1 Like

good

Is much known about the Cheetah’s flight performance?

C with r-darter and the D without maybe

well its just an upgraded mirage 3 so their might be it is a bit more then that

That would be ideal as the C has a BVR radar and then the Cheetah E with something like V3S or V3B missiles.

1 Like

It is legitimately solely to do with the overperformance caused by a FM error

The erroneous FM?

From what info you have which is none and just comparing to a mirrage 2000
please if you want to whine about the flight model do it in a different thread

2 Likes

My reports are very well sourced and there is far more than sufficient data to indicate 2x the specific excess power of the F-16 is a-historical.

This is 100% within the scope of the discussion on the characteristics of the Gripen. It falls within bith “technical data” and “discussion”.

1 Like

do i need to bring up Eurasian times

stop

1 Like

Dozens of well sourced reports, constantly points to the use of an invalid source made once about a totally separate topic some time ago… As though it somehow invalidates anything I’m currently saying… Hmm

yet agains what sources we all know you hate euro canards

Stop

I’ve got several open reports covering the Gripen’s inaccuracies and you were here / present for the data and discussion of the flight models current issues. You can’t just pretend they went away because it hasn’t been brought up recently.

You even tried slandering me in the Mirage 2000 thread only to be corrected by a few dozen people about how wrong you were for doing so. Just another user who isn’t happy with their vehicle receiving a historical nerf as opposed to a buff.

1 Like

One what nerf you hate euro cannards

all not a bug except a few

No. No you dont. your reports were either listed as not a bug or fixed, and in one case the developer literally stated “This is actually duplicate of previous report. But with some conclusions that are not right. Please stop create any report about saab jas39 stability and canard behaviour. Aircraft has positive stability margin, and canards works as they should for positive stable aircraft. Wished movements will be for negative stability aircraft but this is not current case.” (Community Bug Reporting System from this report)

3 Likes

they are wrong there though, the gripen is a negatively stable aircraft. (i do however not agree with MiG_23M on a vast majority of his points though)

1 Like

Not quite correct, it was clarified that the other issues brought up didn’t need separate reports. They’re covered in the second report seen below. I wasn’t wrong, rather they think canard behavior is correct as they’ve purposefully modeled it as statically stable.

Currently the static stability isn’t modeled;
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/WRSLHA5Nowjl

Canard and flaps schedule / behavior is incorrect;
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/lnUaYuLUn8Dh

@FeetPics pretty thoroughly covered the specific excess power issue.

Dear christ I thought we were done with the Gripen OP pls nerf when that other thread got bonked by Pacifica

For crying out loud, take it to the Balance & Bias thread in Game Discussion.

They were talking about R-Darter/BOL rail integration

Gaijin have made their stance on the stability matter crystal clear and there’s not enough evidence that Gaijin wants to believe (apparently) been presented to do anything about the SEP

We all concluded the Flight Model was a bit wonky but until FBW became a properly modelled feature with discernible differences from the “Instructor” we have in game, Gripen’s FM is unlikely to be changed unless someone is a magician and pulls some papers and stats out of their ass from a reputable source (such as Saab), regardless of whether it’s right or wrong based to irl

6 Likes