Putting OF-40 Mk2 at BR 8.7

OF-40 Mk.2 is literally better Leopard A1A1 which sits at 9.0 too.

7 Likes

What you say is nonsense. Leopard A1A1 is much faster is agile than OF-40 Mk2.

Also, the German TAM is literally better than the OF 40 but it is at BR 8.7

Nonsense?
Снимок экрана (2802)
Снимок экрана (2803)

Снимок экрана (2801)
Снимок экрана (2804)
Both have 830 hp and 65 km/h max speed.

5 Likes

Based af. It’s super annoying to have a fully non-stabilized lineup at 8.0 and then transitioning to a fully stabilized lineup at 9.0, especially when pretty much every other nation gets stabilized tanks at 8.3 or 8.7 (or in the case of some cough Russia cough it’s 8.0).

Ngl, in terms of lineup and whatnot, it makes more sense for the Mk.2A to be brought down a bit do to the suffering I mention above. I mean, Germany’s 8.0-8.7 experience is much better:

• Marder 1A3 - A better M113A1 TOW but with an essentially stabilized 20mm, at 8.0.
  • DF105 - More or less a better (imo) R3 T106, where they trade some mobility for being frontally 0.50 cal proof (from what I can tell). It also doesn’t rock like a boat.
  • M48A2 - A bit slower than the OF-40 but it can get access to APFSDS before 9.0 (which Italy can’t, at least without a market premium).
  • Gepard - A better AA than the ZSU-23-4 and it can also fight tanks.
  • RakJPz 2 HOT - A faster M113A1 TOW with a better missile (at the same BR).
  • Turm III - I mean, everyone knows this is OP lol
1 Like

I agree with you, but it can face only soviet 10.0 lineup, which is not that hard to counter. Still, it’s not 9.3 vehicle, that suffers from M1 and Leo 2A4 spam.

You forgot Japz. K2 which is incredible light tank that fits the lineup.

The Marder 1A3 has Milan ATGMs with 100mm less penetration than the I-TOW with also less than HALF the ammunition load. The 202 has 45mm penetration even with APDS, it’s essentially identical to the R3 T20’s cannon
The DF105 is unstabilized, significantly slower than the T106, with lower penetration.
The M48A2GA2 is unstabilized.
The Gep is pretty good ngl, if recommend giving this suggestion a look. Though in the anti-air role it still has a much lower fire rate than both the ZSU-23-4 and SIDAM.
The HOT has higher pen but lower velocity than the I-TOW

But that doesn’t really matter. We’re discussing the OF-40 Mk2 specifically. And that is just a better armoured A1A1 with LRF. Just like the OF-40 Mk1 is a better armoured 1A0 with LRF… also at the same BR. Both should be .3 above their German counterparts, with the Mk2 fitting in perfectly with the other 9.0 MBTs.
Now the argument that the TAM is better is reasonable- I wouldn’t say better but roughly equivalent. The TAM and 2IP are both undertiered by .3.

1 Like

The OF-40 Mk.2A is one of the stronger vehicles at 9.0 and is outright better than everything below it, it dumpsters every Russian vehicle in every category except armour and the T-62M-1 trumps it in armour penetration but it sucks anyway since it loses in mobility/gun handling/reload and as if armour matters when everything is lobbing APFSDS. The only reason it’s not the best 9.0 is because the OF-40 MTCA is at the same BR for some reason.

The TAM is undertiered, there’s no reason for it to be lower than the Leo A1A1

The Sheridan and Bradley are 8.0 and stabilised and so is the Sho’t Kal Alef and Type 69. That’s just off the top of my head.

3 Likes

There’s also the AUBL 74 HVG with twin-plane stab at 8.0

3 Likes

TAM German underclassified where??? lol. TAM can quietly take 2 hits, OF-40 can’t. One shot is enough to wipe out OF-40.

The OF-40 weighs more than the Leopard:

Which makes the Leopard more agile as I said.

Around half a tonne, or 1% heavier
Now check the effectiveness of the turret armour that you get for that mass

3 Likes

They’re the same speed, TAM fires a worse round thus is worse than OF-40.

Soviets fire the worst APFSDS round at that BR where firing HEATFS is a better option.
Good APFSDS with a laser range finder:
Soviets first two-plane stabilized tank as good or better than OF-40 is 9.0: T-62M-1.
USA is M60A3 TTS firing M774.
Germany: 9.0 with TAM 2IP and Class 3P [not MBTs].
Britain: 9.0 with Chieftain Mk10. 8.3 with Olifant Mk1 [way slower].
Japan: 9.0 with DM33.
China: 9.0 with DM33 equivalent.
France: 9.3.
Sweden: 8.7 with Centurion.
Israel: 9.0.

So no, all tech trees start at 9.0 for tanks equivalent to OF-40.
With 2 Centurions at lower BRs.

And if you include light tanks and worse ammo than DM33.

19.27 HP/T
Vs Leopard’s 19.67 HP/T.
No effective difference.

1 Like

That shoots from a blowgun please if you have to say of the AUBL 74 HVG then you are a bad player machine guns can destroy it easily

Just a reminder that that thing is one of the absolute worst vehicles in the entire game.

I have no idea why it’s as high as 8.0 when it could easily be 7.3 and still be mediocre.

2 Likes

IMO the of 40 is better than the t62m1

2 Likes

Man the of 40 is perfectly fine where it is at 9.0 and it is pretty good compared to other 9.0. I wouldnt say that they are the best, as i like the ztz 88s more, but they are pretty high up in the list

2 Likes

so do you want to lower br of already very good tank? based.

Uhhhhh…what? OF-40 Mk2 and the MTCA both fire DM23, same as the Leopard A1A1 and TAM.

You forgot something important :

Leopard A1A1 : Rangefinder.

OF-40 mk.2A : Lazer Rangefinder.

It’s a big difference for two similar vehicules in the same Battlerating.

2 Likes

It used to be quite good until they significantly reduced damage of all 76 mm and below apfsds.