Preliminary changelog for the “Air Superiority” Major Update. 07.12.2023 [server is now closed]

When will the Swedish J35s get their drop tanks? They kinda need them on the bigger maps. Also when will the Mirage 3 and 5 get their drop tanks to work? They are all ready in the game as payload struts.

3 Likes

FR, how can a straight upgrade to the mirage 2000 get worse missile ?

3 Likes

F-15As got countermeasures with MSIP. They always used all-aspect, the 9Ls being the standard USAF missile when the F-15 began entering service. F-15A also gets much better A2G capabilities. It’s slightly worse than the J in A2A but still highly capable. AIM-9X has a focal-plane array which would be extremely broken. It also only entered full production a mere 5 years before the last F-15As were decommissioned, out of the 3 decade lifespan of the Eagle A.

1 Like

I don’t know why these magnifications were changed. Maybe AH-1Z can, but why should MH60L be changed? Is it powerful in 11.3? Can 16X scope magnification really be used in their BR.

4 Likes

As always, I like to appreciate minor yet significant quality of life changes like this!

6 Likes

Norwegian voicelines are absolutely laughable. They are entirely incorrect and make NO sense - the words are there but they’re wrong and in no way connected.

“Distance xx meters” should be “avstand”, not “område”, which means “area”.
Instead of saying stridsvogn, or rather just vogn, the TC says “tank” in the way that means a container.
Instead of saying hulladning, the TC says “hit” - he just says HEAT phonetically.

Words for azimuth and range are entirely mumbo jumbo, they seem google translated. They are not even close. Are they AI generated??

I don’t know if this garbage was proofread at all @Smin1080p but these should not be added in their current state. It’s objectively terrible, there is no way these voicelines were proofread by a Norwegian native speaker before they were recorded.
I would personally volunteer to submit and/or proofread a new set of voicelines, but I reiterate - these should NOT be added!

12 Likes

Should have named the Update to “Click Bait” not just the M1A1 HC…

M1A2 SEPv2 is still a 1999 tank with 1992 armor, and a 1993 round fighting everyone elses CURRENT tanks… and CURRENT TANK PROTOTYPES.

It’s actively worse than M1A2 SEP in Wathunder…

10 Likes

@Smin1080p not only is the black hawk still incomplete, what ever happened to drop tanks for other planes…?

3 Likes

Agreed

I seem to be unable to get into a test drive or a match of any kind on the dev serv … anyone else having this issue …?

If you guys don’t mind me asking, is Italy going to get something this update or is it being forgotten again? Or is the stuff planned for Italy just not fully modeled and not ready to be shown?

3 Likes

they said it was not ready for the devstream

5 Likes

because of documents and the last bit of realism we have

lol what no way that AH-1Z magnification nerf is real…also OH-58D now gets same magnification as A129 and G-Lynx, effectively removing the only advantage it had over them, since the AN/AAR-57 isn’t modeled and the mast mounted sight is “bugged” and can’t be used over cover

2 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/CY2WRdzq8Er3

Not a bug again?
I thought we had that sorted out with the PSO?

3 Likes

You done got Trick’d.

Ya gotta do your bug reports when him and KotA are on vacation, dude.

What does this mean? doesn’t the F-4’s and F-111 already have CCRP?

3 Likes

thanks man I figured it was something along those lines still got me worried for a bit

So, I test flew the F-5E now that it got the radar gunsight (gonna be so memey with stealth rounds lmao), and also noticed it regained its ballistics calculators (CCIP) for rockets and guns, and was wondering if it’s planned to be kept (or if it’s just a bug)?

As far as I know, there were F-5Es with ballistics calculators IRL (namely the Iranian ones), so it would technically be semi-historical at the very least

2 Likes

Uh… I beg you pardon?

You need to purchase nearly all Rank VII vehicles on each tree in order to “unlock” Rank VIII, even though most of us got most Rank VII vehicles already because they got thrown into Rank VIII… and don’t count anymore?

5 Likes