Pls help

I’m stuck at the ja37c with 3k sl, and it’s stock and I don’t know what to do(I’m f2p and if one of you fucking a10 pieces of shit calls me poor just know I slept with your mother last night)

Go back to an earlier vehicle and grind sl. Or maybe start another tech tree, could be fun.

2 Likes

You poor pleb,

As suggested by Tagnoch just go back a bit, I suggest going for Ground AB you can quickly get a good amount of SL in 1 or 3 matches and you’ll be able to pay the mechanic bill.

Yeah other than what everyone else said maybe try out a new mode like naval or ground ab for a few matches bc reserves make lots of SL

Naval is a pretty decent way to farm SLs.

Also, I know you said you are “F2P” which i respect but It might be worth looking at one of the Rank 2 premiums. They are only about £5 and can be a lot of fun. I always have a blast in the Spitfire MkIIa Venture I.

2 Likes

Play low tier. I cannot stress this enough. In my experience jets aren’t even fun, even my Gripen which is top tier I can’t find it in myself to play anymore. Just play low tier, have fun, and watch the SL rack up.

1 Like

true but, speaking from experience, its also a good way to lose you sl if you absolutely suck at it.

The repair costs for bluewater ships is crazy compared to a tank or jet and ive gone broke before just playing naval (pre economy changes) and ive never touched it since. Ive only test driven afew and found out i was still bad at aiming in realistic.

Arcade might be worth trying again but…

I think the repair costs have been somewhat fixed, but even just messing around in coastal might earn enough for OP.

But naval is my go to SL farm these days:

*DISCLAIMER* 500% SL booster + Premium time + Premium Cruiser

i might have to give naval another go cause the repair costs reduction is huge, most of my ships have gone from 30k sl to 11k.

Any tips or videos to help me aim better in rb?

Spoiler

Can i ask you a few questions if you dont mind.

• Whats the circle thingy in the top left? i remember it was added but brushed it off.
  • In terms of attacking another ship, the range under my reticle, does it matter when firing? thats pretty much why i cant aim in realistic (obviously it does but in arcade it doesnt )
  • is there anyway of making aiming easier? ive seen people set it to scroll wheel but mine is for the zoom axis.

Thats pretty much it. I learnt about ranging shots from one of the CM’s on here and its pretty neat but it doesnt help if i cant hit.

Thanks in advance

None that I can really articulate with ease. But for lead, use the lead marker you get (after the first “range update”) and then you just need to account for the range (which I suggest setting your mouse wheel to adjust)

After that its just practice.

It tells you whether your shots a landing long, short or on target and by how much if they are missing. You can use it to adjust your range accordingly.

Yes, you need to manually adjust that range to hit the target.

Had written part of this comment before you editted your post… so does loop back a bit

I use scroll wheel for the range, but you can also adjust it by moving your mouse up and down, the only issue with that is that you can find yourself no longer looking at your target as you’ve adjust your camera so far. You could set another keybind inplace of the mouse for that.

@war_Tinder might have some better advice or at the very least, a better idea on how to articulate that advice. .

Like give that a bit of a read:

1 Like

yeah thats the thread i was talking about lol, pretty useful.

I guess i’ll have to learn the rest in game.

What about ammo types and number? ive seem people talk about sap and HE? anything im missing?

What nation do you play?

US mostly, but i have the HMS liverpool and from the looks of how the US naval community is, it seems ive made a bad choice

Okay.

I mostly play Britain. So this will be useful for Liverpool but take it with a pinch of salt for the US.

For the most part I use SAP. As it will pen targets better and take out ammo wracks. But there are times where HE can be better. Such as when engaging lighter targets where your SAP just punches through the target without exploding or when you want to start some fires/take out things like the Bridge.

HE is decently strong at the moment with the Shrapnel changes and if you aim for the water line, you can cause some pretty major flooding.

I genuinely dont know if taking less shells actually works like it does in Ground, but I often end up just taking a load if not all shells. At least in a cruiser, as I find I can actually go through them all :D

So I normally take around 60-70% SAP and the rest HE normally, but you are just going to have to have a play and see what works for you. If you have access to AP, then it might be worth taking some just to deal with anything larger than you (though I suggest always taking it if you are in a BB)

HE-VT shells can be worth taking, at least a few for dealing with aircraft but HE-TF shells I wouldnt bother (in main armament) because you cant really set the timer for them like the AI can.

Honestly. I think Its a lot of moaning but without much cause (though I dont really pay attention to it)

BBs, everyone is struggling at the moment due to compression and lack of additions, but as for Cruisers… Atlanta, Helena, Cleaveland, etc are all really good as are most of their Heavy cruisers

2 Likes

Yeah. That guide should tell you everything you need to know about ranging shots. They are also, in my opinion, the best way to fire main caliber guns in naval because you can fire one turret at a time, as detailed in the guide.

2 Likes

well, im raining hell upon them, its soo busted with the Atlanta. Anything that gets close will eat rounds for a while

1 Like

Grind the event in a week. Its a free 100 dollars in a few months.

Turn auto repair off and play different nations/BR’s/modes (air, sea, land) while things auto repair.

Play a few Air Assault games with early-medium BR juts (say 8-10) for the cash