Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

u getting tama, new targeting pod, flir and even the crippled brimstone, what more do you want?

This will be 7th Tornado IDS in game and not one has a properly modeled radar, a basic search radar would be quite a boost in sim for situational awarness (and maybe even offensive AIm-9 use if it has IFF)

Its not uncommon for them to fix things like this when adding a new aircraft with them.

But I dont think asking for the base airframe to be modeled correctly is actually asking for too much. Especially as everything else except the new weapons is fairly C&P

1 Like

It works for helis but im skeptical how well thisll work in game as on a jet your also moving forwards at quite a pace. Ill wait for the dev but i really dont see why we are limited to 9 when you consider all the facts.

1. it has a similar warhead to a hellfire and therefore not a one shot machine (unlike the kh38s and somewhat the mavericks)

2. With it being laser youll have to stay in the missile envelope of enemy spaa while you guide it in unlike anyone else with fnf tv/ir missiles.

3. Due to the tornado requiring some speed to be manoeuvrable enough to dodge sams you may be over the ao by the time your brimstones hit.

4. The su 34 and f15e will have far superior ordinance in terms of both fire power and amount while bieng the same br in ground (top tier ground is 12.0 and thatll be where they all sit)

I am looking forward to the gr.4, dont get me wrong. But i would have preferred getting storm shadow as it would have been easier to balance. Its gps so all you would have to do is move out the way and it would show up on any radar due to its size. Would also be alot more usefull in sb as laser guided ordinance requires constant attention all while your flying the jet as gaijin still havent sorted out the “autopilot” they have in game (level flight being pointed slightly down causing you to just fall out the sky).

Having a ground radar is one of the big things of the tornado, would make finding targets in sim a while lot easier as it would lock the targeting pod on it in game.

Terrain following radar. Turn it on and go afk

honestly would be lovely, no better way to dodge the arh missles

Yeah it could, spotting the convoys can sometimes be way hard than it should be

I hope at least the Brimstones have reasonable kinematics and don’t struggle along at a snail’s pace, fighting against gravity to reach the target like Hellfire seems to

Now they will get WT Hellfire flight pattern, just because you asked :)
(for anyone wondering how it is right now)

Would help in sim, trying to land in cloud cover is sub optimal at best. Would make for some pretty sweet bombing runs in the gr 1 going max speed 40m off the deck with drag bombs.

For a top attack missile, they dont do alot of top attacking.

Until we see the data mine we wont know thrust values. I would exactly expect them to be very similar in performance to the Hellfire.

Well as far as I know Brimstone 1 re-used the hellfire’s rocket motor, so it will likely be the same unfortunately. The loft profile should be different though.

And we all know how good Hellfires are

This isn’t Brimstone 1 though if it has a SAL seeker
It’s either Brimstone DMS (interim UOR version), or Brimstone 2 - proper service dual-mode version with the better Vulcan motor.
Since it’s going to be SAL-only, there’s no reason not to make it Brimstone 2 other than purposely nerfing it with a crap motor and trying to make it behave like Hellfire, which already has worse kinematics than a Hellfire should.

It’s Dual Mode Brimstone, which uses the Brimstone 1 airframe with a new seeker. I agree that Brimstone 2 would have been a better choice, but presumably gaijin are saving that for later, perhaps when Eurofighter is added.

This is a silly excuse. I absolutely understand if this was a balancing decision, although I would disagree with it, but there are significant numbers of aircraft in game that are not restricted to ‘service load’.

I’d like to see where SRAAM is on any combat load, or PGM 500, or L23 for C2 etc etc.

Or are we to believe this is another rule that is going to be applied unequally across different vehicles at the whim of the devs?

It’s just another instance of the devs treating this part of the community like idiots once again, very disappointing.

At this point if the game is not ready for Brimstone you don’t add it.

ahaha what, you’d rather have nothing? Just don’t use them then, don’t spoil it for the rest of us.

1 Like

I don’t see the point in adding another top tier aircraft to grind that wont give us any kind of edge.
as of now we have a Tornado that can launch a “hellfire” with a better thermal pod an HMD and an upgraded IR missile.

This is just my view