Option for Smaller Team Sizes in Air Realistic Battles

what from my words you didn’t understand?

Once again, Gaijin gently lends a hand, accepts a loud complain (this time is about team sizes) and allows a special setting for benchmarking and big data analysis for further development, but there’s already people grabbing them by the entire arm and asking it as default and critizising the lack of iniciative by not allowing 8v8s.

No wonder why this community is so cooked when it comes to what they want.

Also no wonder why they cook more to low tier playerbase, and refusing even to put poorly worded into BR-10 or max

i think if u looked at it from the other perspective…
that this half assing of updates when we all are obviously wanting the more simpler, easier to implement solution that is better for the game (default smaller battles),
is lined with some ulterior motive

so it’s the community’s Fault now? where were these Setting for benchmarking and Big data analysis for further development when they wanted to add 16v16?

1 Like

people were happy with 12v12> 16v16 was added and people didn’t like it, and they’re asking for either reverting back to 12v12 or smaller battle sizes i don’t think that needs some time and development to undestand, it only needs common sense

The only brackets which 16v16 is entirely detrimental to gameplay experience is in the current top tier 12.3-12.7 with IRCCM missiles and advanced radars, but from 12.0 downwards it is definately addressable if you know what you’re doing in a match.

1 Like

No that’s not the case, you can argue 16v16 can somewhat work in props but other than that Nope. again people’s feedback is already existing and everyone knows it well and the solution is even easier to do, blaming the community for something gaijin did without thinking of the consequences is nothing but a stupid thing to do.

Instead of giving us Air RBEC which would solve 70-80% issues present in AirRB we get this :facepalm:

5 Likes

Using common sense as a main argument won’t get you so far.
There needs to be time and development for significant gameplay changes as there are practical and financial implications for Gaijin.

This is just skill issue.

ARB:Enduring Confrontation is way better as a solution than reducing team sizes and has been on the table by the community for the longest time, yet Gaijin didn’t listened so far. That makes them deaf or negligent? No, not at all as they surely have their reasons.
If it ever comes as a testing feature you won’t see that much people taking their entire arm and asking EC to be default as you can see in this comment section, incluiding yourself.

This. Yes please

6 Likes

It’s a good start. Though think it probably should be 6-12 default. 6-8 via the toggle.

Also should consider 2 airfields (or 1 airfield and 1 carrier) to spread the frontline out a bit further.

3 Likes

Cool and all I guess but wouldn’t it be similar to the night battles option where u get it once in a blue moon?

1 Like

i am not gonna waste my time arguing with you anymore.

Finally…

I’m glad it’s optional. I was gonna be irritated if it was just more one size fits all.

2 Likes

That is the same concern I had

You are delusional. This is technically the size of the biggest maps, but all of action happens in the middle of the map in a 20kmX20km area, roughly.

Added in the gamemode selector, behind a small button that only shows when ARB is selected or hovered over. Most people will miss that.

Unskippable box would be a much better solution. I hope they implement it that way.

4 Likes

I kept saying that in other topics.
EC maps never fixed anything. Only thing that changed was flight time to the center of map where action happens, which increased from 1-2 minutes to 4-5 minutes.
There’s way too much wasted space in those large maps.

Now, returning to the main topic.
FINALLY! Thank you, thank you, thank you Gaijin! I’m looking forward to this but I will remain cautiously optimistic about it as well (Or try to at the very least)
Great change

5 Likes

I remember. I was one of those A-7D pilots back in day.
There’s more to it than that though.
That BR range was also 70%-80% filled with premium Harrier GR.1s which had guaranteed 4 frags per match however A-7D was perfect counter for that. Two missiles less but had plenty of flares and, back then, 30mm gunpods which didn’t induce the drag.
So you could take two missiles and two 30mm gunpods and be ultimate weapon of destruction.

Much has changed since then…

Rest in Peace SRAAM