Operation Overlord: Churchill AVRE “Petard”

yep just test drove this myself, wondering now if i can be bothered to get as you have to practically be sitting on top of the enemy to use.

I’m moving in so I’m probably just gonna buy it tbh. It won’t go for more than like $10 and that’s cheaper than the GE that I’d have to buy to get the points

Not worth 35k points every 2 days, ridiculous…
Not to mention most of this tank is copy and paste and a lazy implementation with little change to the existing model… not worth my time, skip.

3 Likes

This is the most rediculous event ever. How does anyone ever actually complete the tank events. Air takes me like 1 hour per token, Naval maybe 2, but usually no more than 1. But GRB looks like its going to be about 8 hours per token.

and this is for a meme rank 2 tank

2 Likes

It’s a matter of skill I think. Air or Ground 35k both take me about 110 min ±20min each, but naval can be double that.

Im averaging maybe 500 score per top tier match in ground. Naval I can easily do 10k per match and air I do in SB, so thats barely any hour

My average score for GRB is 2.300 and for ARB is 1.600. But naval is always very mixed. Sometimes 1k, sometimes 12k. :-/

If the average player gets about 1200 ‘effective’ points per game, 35k will take a long time indeed.

2 Likes

At hte moment, a good match for me is 500+ just did a match where i scored less than 100, 3x spawn kills within the first 5 minutes of the match ,didnt see the enemy once. GRB is BS gamemode, I hate how they skipped naval for this

1 Like

I don’t know about that, sometimes it is, but for me it’s very fun most games.

Agreed. Even if I wouldn’t have played the event, we still lose out on 1 or 2 naval event ships every year out of 4.

I think im just gunna use the fox to scout and then jump into CAS. Farm Score that way

1 Like

That’s also a good way to do that.
For the British TT I use the 10.3 Vickers-challenger-Jaguar-Rooikat105-Lynx-G lineup the most (about 2k points per game), the 3.3 Line-up with the premium achilles (about 3k points) or the very fun 4.7 line-up with the polish tank and the other 4.7 stuff from ZA and UK.

It takes me about 2-3h to get 40k score after modifiers playing rank IV-VI Germany in CRB. I usually go for a coupon for anything that isn’t USA/GER.

And even then I am skipping this one. Not worth my time, not even to get it for myself. I would have considered it if it was 80k for myself and 200k for coupon.

I finish my 2 daily tasks for BP and then I am out. I really really feel let down after those recent changes where they over-promissed and under-delivered, in some cases even subverted (separate BR’s) suggestions. And I gotta say, feels good being back in Namalsk with friends.

1 Like

35k is too steep for this I find, a tier 2 BR 2.7 tank… could have given it out for playing 3 games with british tanks and getting this as a reward for D-Day celebration, but as it is, no thanks.

11 Likes

Why do you expect people to grind 35k for a tier II tank?

9 Likes

80 Years D-Day “the longest Day” and the only thing so far is “lul grind more”
Quite poor in my eyes.

5 Likes

After finishing the event, placing decals and some booshes on the new event tank, I took her out for a spin. I surprisingly had a great time . . very much fun to be had. I liked it so much, I assigned a permanent Commander
Untitled

Gaijin, you may feel free to use this as a future profile icon if you so desire . . . ☻

3 Likes

I got it! And the sell coupon.

I have wasted too much time, and hopefully the sell price will make it worth it (it will not)

Acquired it… just… It may get used once in a blue moon. But im just glad Britain gets an event tank once every few years. I can skip them for the foreseeable future

Dunno if anyone mentioned already, but the Petard seems to have a maximum range where it just self-destructs?, like, 200m or so. Wonder if that’s actually how its supposed to be. Also wondering when Gaijin will fix its sound, so it doesn’t hiss like a missile. It’s a spigot mortar after all, all the propulsion is off the spigot rod, that’s it. No propulsion while it’s flying.

Curiously, its explosive filler in the game is labeled as PETN, like, sure, that’s it’s detonating charge, but main charge is Nobel’s 808, an early form of plastic explosive.