Off-topic/General chat for Britain

Vickers Mk.3M

6 Likes

And Mk.3 with some camo nets :)

1 Like

we could even get the original mark III

and the mark II

(gaijin told me off for vickers posting :) too many in a row)

The work is going on. There are so many SPH that I have separated it into subtree, at this moment I have counted 28 SPH.

3 Likes

Oh, it’s good that Jordan has nothing but the m109. There is no need to add more SPH, the branch is completed))

1 Like

These were all the ones i could think of.

There may be even more though.

Would be a great change of pace for mobility and 9.7 would be pretty cracked as most of these are Leopard 2K equivalents.

1 Like

There’s what?

• Vickers MBT Mk. 1(I)
  • Vickers MBT Mk. 1 (Swingfire): Mock-up launchers only, depends how far you want to stretch the “partial prototype” category.
  • Vickers MBT Mk. 3(I)
  • Vickers MBT Mk. 3(M)
  • Vickers MBT Mk. 4 Early (105): Original turret
  • Vickers MBT Mk. 4 Early (120): Original turret
  • Vickers MBT Mk. 4 Late (120): New turret
  • Vickers MBT Mk. 4 Late (Rheinmetall): New turret. Not physically done, but it was built to be easily swapped out at request. Rheinmetall ammunition was stowed to give an idea of capacity.
  • Vickers MBT Mk. 7: On the Challenger hull, was never done, but could still fall under the whole “partial prototype” category as the turret was built and it was initially intended to be done. The current Vickers MBT Mk. 7 would need to be renamed 7/2.
  • Vickers MBT Mk. 7 (Rheinmetall): As above, except with German 120mm.
  • Vickers MBT Mk. 7/2 (Rheinmetall): Same as the variant in-game, except with German 120mm.

You could probably put the Vijayantha Bison in there somewhere too. It’s a development of the Vijayantha which is a locally produced Vickers MBT Mk. 1.

1 Like

Mk. I & II won’t work in the current game. It’ll be worse than the original French reserves. It’s so bad it’d probably be something like a 0.3 tank.

Mk. III could work, it’s got decent enough mobility to flank with the 3-Pdr. Especially if the A6E3 version is added with the 500hp Thornycroft engine.

Doesn’t really make economic sense for Germany though. Why split production and sales when you can just sell the Leopard 2 and make all the profits. And by this point, the 2A5 was already well into development and would be far more capable than the Mk7 turret.

I thought that the difference between Early and Late is new turret with 120mm. I have not seen versions (e) with 120mm.

It is controversial, it is unlikely to be introduced.

it is unlikely to be introduced.

Not all vehicles have their own pictures, but they are easy to improvise.

One website says, what the turret was removed from the Jordanian scorpion. And they put the TOW launch platform in its place. But i cant find any photo.

Well it would, Germany would still be able to sell leopard 2s and sell leopard hulls to the UK, and you could probably set up an arrangement to stop the sale of the Mk7 in europe or something like that.

I think it would be economically viable for Germany, because if you split production, you just produce more to meet demand.

The only Scorpion I can find like that is the Scorpion Kastet, which isn’t anything like that lol.

Could you link that website?

1 Like

There is this scorpion with kornet missiles as well, I’ve found literally nothing about them mounting TOW launchers on a scorpion.

4 Likes

https://pmulcahy.com/atgm_vehicles/jordanian_atgm_vehicles.htm

So this is a role playing game set in an alternate history lol. Its called twilight 2000.

The Scorpion with a TOW is completely made up

https://www.pmulcahy.com/

The figures sounded so realistic that I believed in it, especially since before that I had seen a modification of the ratel with a container for launching cumulative missiles.)))))

3 Likes

So you want a hydorgass testbed and a cheiftan hull coverd with lead plates and bit of drain pipe weleded to it?