NASAMS HML (High Mobility Launcher)

I would love to see this, it will proberbly not bee mutch diffrent from the Type 93 exept very good missiles

2 Likes

Now that FOX-3s for aircraft is right around the corner, I think it’s time that this thread (and other ground based ARH) gets some newfound attention!

The HML could’ve been added with the next major without any balance problems. The HML as a standalone vehicle has no search radar, and can only fire using the AMRAAM’s onboard radar. This limits range to ~16km, or as far as you can visually spot the aircraft.

That is 4km short of Pantsir, but 4km more than VT1 on Flarakrad and ItO 90. So definitely an improvenent over what Sweden/USA has, without breaking the scale.

As we are moving towards more modern vehicles and longer range missiles with “stand-off” capability, I could see Gaijin change their policy on “no separate radar” at some point. Otherwise western nations won’t have any SPAA as the vast majority are modular systems.

In case this rule changes we could see this, the Raytheon MPQ64F1 sentinel radar. Either as a trailer, or vehicle mounted. 120km range PD radar in X-band, compatible with NASAMS system. I believe the radar can be up to 25km away from the launcher.

This way the HML would have search capability and full use of it’s missile’s range, which is 25km and upward depending on variant

Here’s my ideas for implementation of the radar unit:

1. Radar is an offmap asset that is always there, or spawns in with your vehicle. Located anywhere between 5 to 10km behind spawn zone. You control “your” radar unit as you normally would, just remotely.

2. Radar as “drone” vehicle. It spawns in alongside your SPAA and follows your commands. Follow, stay, move to designated grid square. You can control radar settings, switch search on or off etc.

3. Radar unit as player vehicle. You can link up with a fellow team or squad mate and share radar access by pressing a keybind. This could work similarly to the towing mechanic. Rewards for kills are shared.

4 Likes

i saw i did a couple mistakes so i updated the armament part and the technical data part

1 Like

Yes! More hmvees

1 Like

I found this video, where we see it firing the missiles, also the ramp rotating. Looks like it can fire the missiles quite fast

Nasams is needed for sweden and for many nations, now with fox 3 additions its possible i rly beg this can be added now, there is plenty of time before release schedule to make its modell and maybe satisfy many players with it i rly want it

2 Likes

+1 but I want the Chinese copy that’s fitted with PL-9Cs and PL-12s to come alongside it. It’s got an electro-optical acquisition and tracking sensor on the roof but I don’t know if it’s capable of launching the PL-12s without a radar vehicle.

1 Like

Their AIM-120’s. The Type-93 missiles are just improved improved FIM-92 Stingers.

1 Like

2 Likes

Now that I think about it, this could possibly be the first Norwegian tech tree vehicle, as SPAA are never premiums.

1 Like

There are one premium spaa tough, so it is possible

The only Premium SPAA is the ZUT-37 and it’s for a good reason, it’s terrible as a SPAA but good as a TD and no the Type-65 also doesn’t count since it is a event vehicle added when the Chinese TT is only available to the Mainland Chinese playerbase

Because of that i doubt it would be even an event vehicle let alone a Premium

Thales Australia seems to be considering the ability to tow a radar with a trailer on their Hawkei. But I don’t know if they’re actually doing it or not (the trailer I mean, they are definitely doing a Hawkei NASAMS with a second Hawkei mounting the radar). The Hawkei NASAMS might be the first SPAA ever in Australia lol.
We already have trailer mechanics with the Crocodile. A further development of this could be the option to detach the trailer and have a radar operating from it so you can drive away from it and still get full launcher rotation and vehicle mobility.

2 Likes

isn’t the 2S38 suppoed to be a SPAA in real life?
They just slapped on a premium tag and made it a light tank

1 Like

Not too many pictures of these, here is of a different angle

1 Like

NASAMS (National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System)

I like the 6 pack version more, but i just dont know how they could implement it since its taken off the truck and placed down, and fire and control is from a command center, but it looks really cool lol

But US and other nations do need better SPAA support. Its not always available points wise to get anti air planes up compared to spaa

Fg9Kow6XkAE7QM6

Norwegian Advanced Surface to Air Missile is its other name.

First picture Is an Aspide2000 not a nasam

they can have changed it at some point, but most places i have read/got information from it it says “Norwegian Advanced Surface to Air Defense Missile System” or “Norwegian Advanced Surface to Air Missile System”