Modern ARH (FOX 3) Missile - History, Performance & Discussion

I don’t think that source’s designations are accurate. As far as I can tell, the basic C had the ECCM improvements and was sealed. There was a lot of name shifting but I am fairly confident there was no AIM-54C (No ECCM, unsealed)

Or if there was, it was only very early in production and practically irrelevant.

1 Like

Large calibre ARH seekers were MFBU-510(M, A1, A2) and MFBU-610 (9B-1388) chosen for R-37, while R-33S uses MFBU-520.

Yes but SD-10B/C/D where all rolled into the PL-15 program according to leaks back in 2015 so all modern references to 10B are a Pakistani designation of PL-15E.

SD-10B in its PL-12 form is rumoured to possibly be rolled into LD-10 to create PL-12A although there’s no concrete evidence.

Some great English sources are on Pakistani defense forum and Sinodefense forum.

Modern Chinese missiles are a confusing mess due to a strong media blackout on guided munitions unless the info comes from the manufacturer itself or the military save for a few leaks.

1 Like

your own source covers the fact there was in fact a C not designated as ECCM/Sealed tho…

interesting hearing them talk about the AIM-54 recommended ranges by top gun. 30-40mi for long range shots to try to hit them before they notice they are even being targeted, sub 20 miles was considered a “great shot”.

Definitely not reflected in-game.

Great post, thanks for the work

Could be better with spoilers :p

that’s just following its launch trajectory before guiding, loft would have it climing +10 degrees or more

all SARHs with ETA guidance do that its just because at long distances they restrict their guidance and maintain a constant heading, if you actually look in the code there is no loft code present

1 Like

Isnt the R-27EA the ARH one?

It is

1 Like

Do you have any specifications for it?

It “uses” (project was cancelled in favour of R-77) 9B-1103 seeker

1 Like

I wonder F-16C Block 50 (USAF) for USA tech tree mounted and access AIM-120C-3 ? 🤔

probably, the one we have is from the 2000s

The SD-10 may use the R-77 seeker, while the SD-10A and PL-12 use their own indigenous seekers. At least I think the SD-10 and SD-10A are not the same missile

1 Like

Yes, all modern AIM-120 up to AIM-120C-7 has been used.

Do you want that i add spoiler?

• For every family of missile (Ie AIM-54 / AIM-120 …)
  • For ever missile (AIM-54A/AIM-54B …)
  • For every country (USA/RUSSIA …)
  • No Spoiler are needed

0 voters

would be nice if you could add a disclaimer to the missiles that were never produced

2 Likes

I added one, check it and tell me if you want modification for it