Missing AIM-120 (RB-99) on Viggen D

The Viggen D is an improvement on the Viggen C, in years 90s, the main improvement among them was the ability to operate AIM9L and Aim120 (rb99). The Viggen D has a very good radar for a 3rd gen aircraft, and the ability to carry 2x AIM120, something similar to the J8 with its PL12.
I no see reason why this wouldn’t have received the rb99.

17 Likes

The D Viggen was introduced as a C Viggen but with the ability to use Fox 3 missiles, so I don’t know why it doesn’t get access to them with them being in the game now

1 Like

Exactly!

I think they are limiting the amount of planes getting ARH’s at update launch, i hope they will add more to older planes tho just like Viggen D, but im not too optimistic considering we now have 2 gripens just 0.3 BR apart… could have just skipped the A model and given us the C model just like everyone else, unless they are going to rise amraam carriers alot higher at some point?

1 Like

Agreed, though still consider this would mean a significant BR increase

1 Like

It could carry 4 RB99

7 Likes

I support the idea, it has the PS-05/A that allows BVR engagements that allow the usage of AIM120s.

3 Likes

My guess is that Gaijin wants something to fill the eventual gap that will be made when the JA37D is given its Rb99. I would suggest buffing the JA37C (giving it AIM-9L and maybe BOL pods) and putting it in the current position of the JA37D, then introducing the J35J to the current position of the JA37C.

3 Likes

Gaijin really should include Viggen with Fox 3 too, as the game is inspired by real technical sheets or as close to that as possible according to public documents, etc… This Viggen has Fox-3 missiles.
Please Gaijin, hear our pleas.

1 Like