Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

İ knew there was another prototype version but didnt knew that was the one with Thrust Vectoring Nozzles.

10 Hardpoints might be case for second prototype as well.

Also according to some articles i read Russia already builded 40-50 Mig29M in the past, although i dont know if its real or not.

I’m pretty sure the 9-15 only saw pre production (like explained by @EpicBlitzkrieg87 at the start of the thread). Those modern MiG-29Ms, that were also exported, are land based versions of the modern MiG-29k (9-41) (not to be confused with the MiG-29k derived from the 9-15 that lost to Su-33). They probably (certainly) have better avionics and better missiles, but aren’t probably as light as the original 9-15.

Fair point.

Thanks for the explanation btw.

İm just wondering if we are gonna get pre production model or modern version of Mig29M.

Still, if Yak141, F-16Aj and other prototypes were added a plane that actually fired his missiles in numerous tests, that was going to enter production basically as it was and that had the production tools already made to start mass production should be added.

I’m hoping for the original MiG-29M 9-15. Better flight model is always more fun than better missiles (besides that, modern MiG-29M/M2 is probably too modern to be added in the first place. Already with SMT and F-16C we are at the limit)

Well seems like second version doesnt have that much increased weight while having same engines you can find on original M model according to that article.

İf thats the case we can get much better flight performance alongside with avionics and missiles.

Yeah but it’s too modern for the game imho… war thunder doesn’t care about production dates but it’s a plane from the mid 2000s (actually from the mid 2000s unlike the SMT or the F-16C, that have features from the mid2000s but are still early 1990s plane at their heart). The problem with it is that it will either bully other stuff that was made before it but also it’s probably no match for it’s contemporaries such as the Su-35 or something like a super hornet with AESA radar. It also was only made as mainly an export fighter.
9-15 instead was going to be the backbone of the VVS if the USSR did not collapse (like the F-16C was for the USAF), and it would be very competitive against things such as F-15C, very early Eurofighter and Rafael variants, late F-18s, F-14D and other early 4+ gen fighters without relying on being much newer than everything else.

What about pre model with PESA radar, in that article it also states that at some point engineers also decided to add that type of radar to pre model.

İf Gaijin thinks Modern version of Mig29M is too early then pre model with PESA radar would be better option.

R-77 can go on all pylons and the 4 R-27 thing is mostly unknown if it was an M or even K thing since its just based off an image of a 29K 9-31 but unknown if it was a test/dummy fitting or actually meant to be functional and enter service, aswell as whether it was only a 29K thing or also for the 29M

He have same radar and rwr what and SMT but have MAW 8 AAM more A-G weapons and TGP T-220

The german migs is so dope.

there has never been a PESA radar on the MiG-29M, it is assumed to install an AESA radar from the MiG-35

yes, modern versions are somewhat worse in the flight data of the original MiG-29M

İ Said engineers planned to instal it, didnt say they actually did it.

and we didn’t plan to.Since there was no radar of this size.Moreover, the phasotron research Institute convinced the mig Design Bureau that it would cope with AESA, but as it usually happens, something went wrong

İf thats the case it was nothing but a idea then.

Make sense.

Didn’t know the outer pylons supported R-77, 8 R-77 in a plane with this flight performance is nuts… though is there some other MiG with 8 pylons that only supported R-73s on the outer ones? Or maybe is just the 9-15 that usually flew with that configuration?

Su-27’s wingtip pylons are R-73 only, maybe you’re misremembering those

Su-27 I remembered wing tip pylons only carried either R-73 or ECM pods… thought it was going to be the same for the MiG-29M as i had never seen any picture of it with 8 R-77

The MiG-29M doesn’t have wingtip pylons, the outer four pylons on the MiG-29M are just like the outer four wing pylons on the Su-27, which, on variants compatible with R-77, can load R-77s in addition to R-73s.

the pylons are different, but the ejection devices are the same