Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

What else is there for top tier Russian othet then another mig29 and su27

Well we could just don’t get anything XD, sometimes December update is pretty lame, it’s just that last year was amazing

1 Like

I doubt there would be nothing

1 Like

I see a flanker coming. I honestly will be shocked if a hornet comes for US. We got a F14 that can be buffed to compete and we just got the block 50. I can see it coming for another nation like the F5 did first.

lol US mains flipped out day and night. when that happened.

The flanker by itself in all its glory is not going to solve it for the USSR/Federation. The US has dominant knife fighters and (held back) strategic fighters. The USSR barely has a nerfed knife fighter in my opinion. GJ needs to fix it (Fulcrum series) and bring the Flanker as well.

Then they are both even. Of course, this is all in my humble opinion.

1 Like

It is game there needs to be some sort of balance so i agree with you on that

1 Like

Yeah the flanker is the most likely option, i hope they don’t bring it completely broken tho lmao. What i’d like to see too is the early mig31, if they fix bvr it could fit ingame

or maybe not early, MiG-31M 😋

2 Likes

I do not think it’s going to be broken. Just to not expect it to turn on a dime at high speed especially if the much smaller, more thrust to weight SMT can barely roll at Mach .90 with 20 min internal fuel and only R73s…

1 Like

My friend, you do realize not everything is about Thrust to Weight ratio right?

İf that was the case Gripen should be a trash plane because of its low TWR but instead its an amazing aircraft because of close canard and overall design.

1 Like

It is important though

True but is not the most important aspect.

Gripen is the alive proof for that.

But jet go vertically up

The gripen is a tiny little thing and hyper aerodynamic. The Mirage 3 and F1 is faster than many aircraft with weaker engines.

However, thrust to weight is everything in a dogfight. Having a thrust to weight of 1:1 means you can take the aircraft immediately vertical at any airspeed above 0.

A 1:1 thrust to weight can immediately bring you the forward airspeed to generate lift in dogfight situations where aircraft like your Gripen will simply fall out of the sky.

I am sorry, as cool as the Gripen is it is does not have the same lift and dogfight stamina of fighters like the F-16 and Mig29. It will die out of energy and stall out well before any of these aircraft do and irl the more fuel they burn, the more insane their thrust to weight becomes. The Gripen will fall in a prolonged dogfight just like the weaker thrust output relatives before it.

There is a reason why the two leading militaries in combat aviation made 1:1 thrust output a mandatory requirement in air superiority/air dominance fighters of the 4 generation and beyond.

Seems like engineers who worked on Gripen must pretty dumb since they refused to put an engine that can create 1:1 TWR.

Nose authority is the most important aspect in dogfights in current states thanks to high advanced HOBS Ir missiles.

Thats why Gripen is such a dangerous opponent in 1vs1 even tho it lacks TWR compare to its rivals.

it called making it cheaper

1 Like

Well i trust actual engineers decisions rather then you or some random dude in this case.

İf Gripen was such a bad plane like you mentioned Nato trials would show that outcome.

Not dumb, just suffered from a lack of funding.

The only reason countries opt for tiny delta canards because they are very cheap to produce and are hyper aerodynamic and do not need powerful complex engines to push them along. The downside is combat load and range and of course dogfight capability.

Again, there is a reason why the two leading militaries in combat aviation made 1:1 thrust output a mandatory requirement in air superiority/air dominance fighters of the 4 generation and beyond.

It is a mandatory requirement for air dominance and air superiority fighters. The Gripen is not an air dominance fighter or an air superiority fighter. It’s a little multirole fighter.

Not that simple but have it your way.

Not bad but compared to anything more expensive it is worse on the most part thats why it coming to game soon properly and none of the other euro canard planes are coming

1 Like

Don’t bother explaining to him , all he has is (Copium inducing) British jets and the F-16 , he has never even touched a Mig-29 yet he keeps getting killed by superior pilots in MİGs so he has to trash talk about Mig-29 and everything USSR to feel good

1 Like