Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

idk it says 40g in-game that’s what i’m going with

Also lmao I searched ‘fuel’ so completely missed that

That is crazy. So, it’s worse and not actual upgrade and dumps less raw fuel when in AB that’s it? But ever so slightly. Thats the Series III upgrade as GJ currently has it.

No, I agree. it feels just like that in game.

Gaijin just loves USA most, since it is the richest large country in the world that spends the most $$ in the game, change my mind. Thats why they made the SMT come with 60 flares and a garbage FM while buffing F-16s to UFO levels without a reason. They didnt even bother to give the SMT its 10 KGF so its technically a worse engine than series 2 right now lol. There is no other explanation. Its just business. SMT in gaijins eyes is food for F-16s so that americans can feel good and buy the F-4S/F-5C to grind it.

Just enter a match at 10.3, entire teams are F-5Cs. It is USA vs everyone.

When SU-27 comes out you can bet it will be a disappointment full of issues and problems and the F-15 will be the destroyer of worlds.

2 Likes

It’s a larger % than it looks… the original MiG-29 is like 0.88 and they are 0.8, 0.82 non afterburning

It’s simple economic incentive combined with slow response.

For now, Gaijin has swung the meta towards the US. They know people will buy US premiums because of this (why do you think the F-4s and F-5c weren’t on sale?). Then they’ll swing it back to RU to get MiG-23ML sales.

1 Like

İt took them 2 months to give SMT extra flares lmao. When it could be done in 1 day. İt shouldnt take 2 months to model the flare pods. Took them 2.5 months to change engine , and still haven’t added the tiny 10KGF how hard can it be?

R-73 is still braindead, taking too wide turns and not catching the target because it took the longest route possible , or spinning out of control.

R-27ET sensor can’t even lock a full afterburning F-14 front aspect at 11 KM , when it should be much higher ranges than that.

While the F-16C has it all fine

3 Likes

Like I said, slow response combined with an incentive not to. (Also Gaijin can’t code missile PIDs we already know that, see literally every IR missile in the game at close range)

Once Gaijin decides to throw it back to the Soviets (Probably with SU-27 since 6x R27ER or possibly even R77 is going to be meta defining) they’ll see their fixes added.

You’ll see , Su-27 will be artificially hampered, it will lose to an F-16 in 1 and 2 circle, and they won’t let it carry full load. İt’s never the American planes that don’t get their loadout.

Mig-29 had to use garbage worse than trash R-60s for a whole year.

1 Like

US draws them like 5x times as much profit. It’s economically unreasonable for them to even make it 1:1 balanced.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m saying

A great deal of US Rank 7 Air would like to have a word with you on that particular claim

But yeah, I suppose we’ll seen in about a month when all the new stuff is added

1 Like

And I don’t understand why they added some Frankenstein 29SMT instead of the 29M

2 Likes

Americans claim: but muh SMT can be CAS stop complaining!

Meanwhile F-16C with 8 guided munitions and 4 Aim-9Ms destroying everything in ground

Just look at when F-14A was released , no other nation gets such unrivaled planes released without competition ,only USA

1 Like

Not only that but many people not from the US chose the US tech tree first because of pop culture.

2 Likes

Very true

ARB still hasn’t recovered from that update. Ever since it’s mixed battles and mostly unskilled pilots

2 Likes

I still HATEEEEEEEE mixed matches , kills the vibe , fighting identical planes isn’t fun , what’s fun is the asymmetry. Also I think GAIJIN does this so people don’t realise how oppressive the US teams would be at top tier AİR RB. İf US fought everyone else (because there are so many us players) people would see how high WR USA is

1 Like

They had like 90% wr on apex predators launch day. 12 f16s insta GE’d (probably spaded with GE as well) against hordes of 23MLs and maybe after 1 week, 1-2 mig29s with a broken FM, radar, and shit ordenance

USSR didn’t have any rank 8 CAS so they said screw it have 2 questionably useful a2g missiles instead of adding something that would actually be capable of CAS. There must’ve been SOMETHING they could have added for USSR CAS at rank 8 but nothing goes together better than Gaijin and glaring tech tree omissions

There is a 110% chance the F-14 was only released because they wanted to capitalize on Top Gun

More like adapted, the F-14 was introduced into a game that was wholly unready for it from the top down

3 Likes