Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Superior to the American AIM-9M, as Stepanovich said prior to the introduction of the mike.

1 Like

It is so much better. I just want the option lol.

1 Like

I have hundreds (thousands) of games using R-60M, it’s trash. I’d take the R-73 in any circumstance.
Takes no thought to decide that, I have a clip above that wouldn’t have been possible with the R-60’s.

However yeah i think it could be an option for ppl who still wanna play with them, they could even add a mechanic calculating the BRs taking into account the armament of the vehicle (9.13 12.0 with r60s and 12.3-12.7 withs r73s).

Ummm irrelevant the game changes drastically especially the R60 has and the M for years. Flare sensitivity has been buffed to unbelievable levels and reduced the same. it always fluctuates.

Everyone knows this. It’s irrelevant if someone played the missile 1,000 games a year ago. The meta changes and things are not quite the same today nor will it be the same next patch and thereafter.

İ dont think its an option for SMT in this case.

Might be wrong tho.

2 Likes

I think ur right

1 Like

Than makes me sad… thanks.

But I think the G should have them and be forced to use them as default from the start. The SMT is the most advanced and should be the only one currently to have them as default. but of course balance

G should have that option no doubt but forcing people into something that isnt fair is not something i choose.

On the other hand stock R-73’s and researchable R-60M’s could be option in this case, with that people can enjoy each possible loadouts how they want.

1 Like

You are right, should not be so selfish because I can just GE out of a default missile when others actually have to grind out an inferior missile.

1 Like

As long as you see the potantiel problem then its fine.

Because most of them doesnt like to see it.

1 Like

I don’t know that many people would agree… the R-60M has been a universal constant for the most part. Easily one-flared and chases afterburners from F-14s or Phantoms pretty well from 10 degrees rear aspect.

Pretending I suddenly lose all concept of the “meta” because I have only done a couple dozen matches in the newest top tier (of which the only new addition is the R-73)… is … interesting

1 Like

Perhaps I remember incorrectly, but this is a manual for students and novice MiG-29 pilots and it does not tell us about the technical capabilities of the aircraft, but only instructs us on the correct implementation of piloting techniques.

I respect that, but the R60 has probably been the most touched missile in the history of WT and will continue to be as newer more capable jets are added to the lower BRs.

I just would like the option for the Mig29s capable that’s all. They carried them with R73s for a reason. They can’t be all that useless right? Even the Russians after the fall of the Soviet Union.

no, it’s just Mig-29 9-13 who can carry R-77

I thought the Zhuk of the SMT can fire R77s at two differing targets at a time?

4 targets. 2 targets on N019M Topaz

So the 9-19 can carry them, cool. I thought you meant only the 9-13 can carry the R-77.

These maneuvers are not the limitations of the available performance of course, but they give us datapoints for testing purposes. We can see if it is losing speed properly, or holding on to it when it shouldn’t in more dynamic maneuvers. Doesn’t hurt to test.

Of course, I’m unbothered because I understand the FM is already as accurate as it will get for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Also keep in mind team that though a model may perform on point to how they flew or behaved in Irl. it does not mean they are not still underperforming when looking at the grand scheme of things in the game. As they face other models that may be overperforming in certain aspects such as flight performance or weaponry etc. and vice versa.

That is why I believe gameplay is crucial in determining these discrepancies. GJ definitely monitors win rates and model efficiency and will go in and alter as they see fit and never say a word or make changes to the matchmaker.