Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

They are roughly the same has been my point and sometimes the G is outright heavier when I engage in dogfights because I was unable to launch the R27Es, and I rushed the furball. Which only the G is capable of doing without such heavy degradation of performance. I can enter matches with no regard to fuel really in the G.

Also I was generous about the 18min.
I do want to simplify my stance here because I am certain the SMT should not be this degraded to this degree. But want to be fair to each fighter.

So I will simplify my scenario.

SMT 15min internal 4x73s
G 28min 4x73s

Both aircraft begin engaging in dogfights in RB. What is the weight of each and how detrimental should the performance be of which is heavier.

That number 1# fuel tank in the spine is larger therefore more fuel sits in the center of gravity of the SMT and less in the wings. So, it should already not suffer in roll really unless full imo.

SMT in that scenario is a few hundred kg lighter like I said what you’d expect is turnrate to be worse, AoA would be the same since thats unaffected (see below with 9-13 and 9-19 at roughly same speed and altitude and instructor pulling the exact same AoA)

Spoiler

1 Like

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Agreed, AoA should remain the same, however at differing high Mach numbers the SMT seems to not want to pull up as much as the G and at times playing both back-to-back nonstop the SMT is the only one that gets me killed because of it. The roll rate at low alt as well.

The spinal tank you’re referring to doesn’t exist in any other MiG-29 besides the 9-19 in-game. It’s the #7 iirc per the files.

I still (and I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point) would like it if you quantified the differences, I suspect you might be experiencing a sort of placebo effect making you perceive the SMT is performing significantly worse in the conditions you listed. I dont have the 9-12A/G so I cannot compare myself. I have the 9-13 and in my comparisons the things you described where not happening, but maybe if its a bug it could be a 9-12 thing so if you could test with WTRTI or the other one people use and compare it would be great help. There could be more at play still and tommorow ill look into it with more depth since lately I find myself playing the SMT more anyways (R-73 neuron activation) and enjoying it. But like I said I can only compare the 9-13 and 9-19 from my end

P.S if you compare the 29G with 20min fuel and SMT with min fuel and make it in test flight so fuel stays the same constantly the 29G is only 220ish kg heavier than the SMT which would make good testing parameters

1 Like

It does not matter; the additional fuel sits in the center. Its filled first and if you fly with less fuel than the average mig, your roll should not be degraded.

We’re waiting for you to show us that the roll rate indeed changes, until then we don’t have anything to go off of. Would be funny if you’d use all this experience to make a report and see where it goes.

Of course, those can definitely be factors 100%, you are right and why I want to place my findings out for people who actually play the jets in actual battles provide their feedback as well.

I will give it a go since the SMT is important.

Thank you please do look into it.

More people that can look into the greater.

1 Like

15200 hours, is it 633 days you live in the game?

2 Likes

Make sure you use localhost and not WTRTI if you end up doing a report.

633.33 it seems, yes. Not enough experience I guess.
Over 11 years.

Hes played it so much he has become Neo from the Matrix and is armed with superior datamining tools no need to play the game anymore like the average mortal man.

he is so mad right now and going to keep posting and derailing watch…

It sucks because now he will do everything in his power to make sure the SMT stays as is just to make a point.

1 Like

You can mock someone for having a source or basis for their opinion all you want. Just make sure it’s relevant to the thread while you’re at it.

We’ve been waiting months for you to provide some evidence of your claims that the SMT is underperforming.

1 Like

#2 fuel tank

there is exactly the same fuel as in the MiG-29G

1 Like

In-game they added it as an additional tank (#7?).

But yes, you’re right. He’s made so many errors discussing this it’s hard to keep track of what’s real anymore lol

As much as we want the best MiG-29 to perform even better, I think it’s mostly accurate.

1 Like

there is not enough engine thrust of the order of 1600kg

I’m not certain that this is true. We’d need a much more in-depth analysis but right now the MiG-29 is configured properly according to the graphs cited by the devs for engine thrust.

You are not understanding, I am talking about in game.

I take less fuel than the G and therefore it has less fuel in the wings.

Is that how that works? Genuinely asking. How do you know?

I have already done this analysis and in the game the thrust is not correct

1 Like

I’ve already discussed with you, you’ve not elaborated in such a manner that the devs will understand your issue. It’s overlooked because of this. It needs to be explained better.

Even then, I’m not sure you’re correct about this. The devs rebuttal makes sense.