Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

PESA doesnt generate 2 beams to guide multiple missiles it just controls one beam and rapidly moves it between targets I believe changing the frequency for each missile too

Does anyone have data on how much AoA the mig29 and SMT are meant to be able to pull in real life?

Maximum dynamic attainment of the MiG-29 series is ~60 degrees per TsAGI although it’s more likely a bit closer to 55 degrees. In either case, the nose is ~90 degrees in relation to the ground when the AoA is at around 60 degrees if you do it when the aircraft is level during the start of the maneuver.

Maximum sustained AoA is 26-28 degrees.

Anyone know which variant of N019 radar can use R-77 and Kh31?

NO19M on the 9.13s

Btw do you know which radar is used in Belarusian MiG 29BM? In the brochure of MiG 29BM they are saying it has H019 radar which is just N019
I need some information on MiG 29BM’s radar for my suggestion.MiG 29B (Bangladesh)

Anyone know if the IRST should (or shouldn’t) have any vertical control when having the radar targets cyclic switching thing off? Since it can only be controlled horizontally

Just wondering

It should be the same as the MiG-23MLD IRST was before the addition of scan area tilting mechanic. Right now vertical designation controls are not implemented for IRSTs like on the MiG-29 and only kinda work on those IRSTs that can shift their scan area vertically.

1 Like

That didnt take very long. When are you guys going to fix the hundreds or thousands of issues with nation vehicles that are not russian? Guess you do not have the “approved” documents for this? Just out of curiosity, what are “approved” sources? When is Gajin going to give us the sources and documents for russian vehicles? Or are the stats based solely on what the government releases, considering the Russian government is SOOO well known for releasing accurate information about their weapons.

How can you actually even believe this statement? Gajin has done more to ensure that vehicles are “balanced” in certain nations favor over being accurate. There have been certain helis that have been broken in their favor for almost a complete year or more, while other nations are “balanced” into being almost pointless to play.

why are you so mad

1 Like

But how would you want russian documents without getting from the russians themselves lmao wtf. Btw russian aircraft aren’t the strongest ingame at least in air rb, their major advantage is the r27er missile which outclass their american counterparts, but it’ll soon change because fox3s missiles are coming. Dogfight-wise the f15 is superior to the su27 and the mig29, same for the f16 which is still overperforming, the r73s and 9ms are kinda at the same level.

I am mad because I really enjoy War Thunder, or atleast I did enjoy it. But as time has progressed and the constant favoritism that Gaijin shows to russian line has gotten no better, I find playing this game to be an exercise in anger management and not in having fun or destressing.

Again, it would be different if Gaijin was even alil transparent. If they were, the jokes of sekrit documents wouldn’t be a half truth. Gaijin, the devs, and the moderators on this forum behave just as the nation government it claims not to be from. It hides any information it deems damaging; the forum mods hide any threads they deem to not be acceptable; and Gaijin continues to ignore players when they voice their issues. Like the cheaters; players submit thousands of “reports” on a weekly basis, but those same players will continue to play for months or years after a report. It takes someone with “hard” evidence on thousands of players for Gaijin to do anything. It takes a mass neg-rep on Steam for Gaijin to talk with the playerbase. It takes a massive boycott for Gaijin to react to players concerns.

This is why Im mad.

It is no secret that the Russian government drastically overstates their weapons capabilities. It’s a joke in most military realms. Most other nations understate their systems capabilities, and this has been proven time and time again. Everyone knows that the top speed of a military jet is not its actual top speed, its the published. The real top speed is a closely held secret. Given that, why doesn’t Gaijin accept information from NATO manufacturers? I have had two posts that were ignored and deleted because the information posted was not from a reliable source, even though it came from the manu website. I have posted information, with the declassifying statement, from technical manuals. Information was ignored. So yeah, were are those sekrit documents.

And honestly, I’m kind of done talking to a player, about russian bias, when they are a russian main to begin with.

In what situation ur suffering because of russian vehicles?

1 Like

I have top tier on both US and USSR both air and ground, but looking at your player card, i see that ur a german main that is playing mostly with tanks (you barely have planes), i’d recommend you to complain at threads regarding ground battles because this one has nothing to do with what ur seeking, it’s focused on the mig29 like the title is suggesting… Btw complaining at mods that take care of aicraft stuff won’t do shit cuz the dev teams of planes and tanks aren’t the same

1 Like

It should have vertical control but it’s a feature that is not currently implemented in game.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/JUJz5axkOrod

1 Like

Exactly. My words.

1 Like

Were there any changes made to the mig29? It feels way more maneuverable then i remember it. You can even actually spin yourself out in mouse aim (in a psuedo cobra at around 40° aoa or so) , though i kinda remember being able to do that earlier… idk probably just placebo

There were no meaningful changes this major.

1 Like

Hey guys check this out

Suggestion for the MIG-29M, please consider taking a look :D

thanks @Giovanex05 and @EpicBlitzkrieg87 <3333

8 Likes