Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. You offered; I will wait for them.

i have this one for you, @MiG_23M will share the russian manual later, not sure what the difference is but this is what i got

1 Like

Isn’t this one the cutest one with the drawing and diagrams ?

yeah i think so lol

1 Like

1 Like

Just to clarify, no one singular person is responsible for the increase of restrictions on source posting.

We had several cases over a period of time that made it clear robust and clear rules were necessary for everyone to be totally clear on where we stand, what we will accept and what is not acceptable.

No one singular person is responsible for this, it was a decision taken by us due to the nature of vehicles in game and the types of materials people were trying to share.

8 Likes

How do you know? Is this something he’s actually admitted to? Yikes.

1 Like

Roger that big Smin dog.

Thanks for the clarification.

It’s a dead issue to me.

Guys, I think it was said that you should not try to spam this topic, we are already on 3207 posts and I forgot what is the max amount of posts but it surely isn’t unlimited.

3 Likes

It’s 10,000 and a new post can be created as needed. Doesn’t change the fact that we shouldn’t continue this pointless back and forth. I’ll continue to discuss facts and tangibles and not feelings or opinions as needed.

Dr. Tangible, if I may,

Can you please send me what sources you have that determine the Mig29 is a perfect model tonight. Please do not forget.

Could have gotten it off Google already but since you’re not willing to share or find a single source on your own… sure.

Professor Datamine,

My apologies for coming to your class unprepared.

Thank you.

I find the German manual actually explains it quite well in English.

You can see the AoA limiter shows -1.5 to +29 degrees (what the AoA vanes are capable of reading). The highest available AoA value before the pitch kicker employs is 26 degrees.

“The pitch kicker is designed to prevent inadvertent stalls by moving the control stick forward of neutral when either pitch rate or AoA, or a combination of both reaches the critical value.”

I’ll send the manual to you in DM’s. I’ll also share the Russian manual.

1 Like

ty!

I’m going in-depth into the MiG-29G currently since the manual technically is explicitly about that NATO modified variant. Currently the gross weight for the aircraft on full internal fuel + centerline tank is off (too heavy) by 48kg. It’s not much, but it’s still a discrepancy.

3 Likes

Please test alpha at different speeds transonic and super. It pulls more alpha than the SMT. However, that is not necessarily a good thing. The SMT is much more better performing at supersonic+ as it does not pull too much alpha and bleeds speed.

I find the SMT is great in high Mach+ combat and the G dumps speed quite easy if not playing on your A game.

Can you test where the differences at Mach numbers are please and document them.

They perform identical in full real when the weights are the same. Are you suggesting I look for discrepancy in available AoA at very high speeds with the instructor?

yeah something like that because the SMT is king at high supersonic combat and the G is at transonic imo. I do not have to worry about accidentally dumping all my energy in the SMT.

The G I can sneeze and accidentally dump too much.

Datamine shows instructor should be identical still, so I don’t think that there is a discrepancy when both have equal weight. I could test it, but I really would rather not since nothing indicates there would be an issue there. I’d have to set the weights to be equal for the test.

1 Like