**marder 2 ifv**

+1

It would be amazing to get the Marder 2 in the game. I just really hope it gets added to the standard tech tree

1 Like

guys keep this topic ontop fr we need this

1 Like

We need that vehicle аs soon as possible:)

1 Like

considering how th 2S38 impacted normal ground RB, germany needs a counter to it that can effectively kill those pesky Ka50’s and 52’s. not to mention a similar calibre cannon that can match the 2S38 (2S38 can one shot many ifvs and even MBT’s so this would prove maybe even better than the puma, and i dont mind it being the same BR as the current PUMA)

2 Likes

post bumping is against the rules

1 Like

can you two take that into DM’s please? thx

2 Likes

What do you mean? He asked for source and this guy responded.

and that has what to do with this suggestion? take it to DMs from the getgo next time. thx.

1 Like

I have never been able to understand what the real armour values for this vehicle are. In some places it is stupidly exagerated saying it can withstand 125mm. Having “protection against soviet 30mm armor-piercing rounds” effectively means it has the same protection as the Marder 1A3…

frontally save against 115 apds-fs and 105mm apds
overall protected against 30mm

thats Protection STANAG values. you can look them up

Okay?

1 Like

I think It cannot protect sub-caliber ammunition wich over 30mm+.
they didn’t ask for protection against tank guns.
All aspect 14.5mm, Frontal plate 30mm APDS protection will be convincing prediction.

~10 tons cannot make that much difference at protection.
It have bigger engine, way bigger turret systems and ammo then Marder 1.
There is no free weight to assign to protection.

I dont think thats realistic.

Completely agree, thats what I was about to say. Even if it uses more advanced armour compared to the Marder 1A3, a jump in protection from 30mm to 115 or 105mm is not realistic at all. Specially considering, as you mentioned, the Marder 2 extra weight is most likely not from amour increase but as a result of bigger engine, turret and ammo.

1 Like

I’d love to have this tank in the game, thanks for your post.

In my eyes there should be only one version of this tank in the game in the techtree, with the 50mm being a researchable upgrade. It might make the stock grind hard, but as long as the 35mm starts with the APFSDS shells, it should be doable at 10.X or what BR it will ever get.
In my eyes this IFV, with the 50mm gun, will be the pinnacle of cannon-only IFVs like the CV90s, by trading the raw damage advantage of the 2S38 (with its bigger 57mm gun) for rate of fire, which should prove most of the times to be advantageous.

1 Like

except that the engine is lighter lol

1 Like

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

2 Likes