Mansyū Ki-98 - Japanese Saab 21

thats good one.

The R2Y2 was an actual proposal to turn the failed R2Y1 Recce aircraft into a Ground-Attack aircraft however it wasn’t built due to the war ending

Also the R2Y1 “crashed” due to burning down to the ground by it’s engines, it uses an engine setup similar to the VB.10’s

Would love to see this. I know its paper plane but we have J6K in the game which is also a prototype, paper plane. J6K1 Jinpu "Squall" - Implemented Suggestions - War Thunder - Official Forum
I wonder why gaijin accepted all planes in the past, now everything HAS to be historical and have photo.

hqdefault (2)

There is still a photos of wooden mockup. Apparently it supposed to have to propellers - one in the back, second in the nose.

2 Likes

Also it would be cool to have Ki-98 cousin the Mitsubishi J4M. Its another prototype which dont have any of photos. It was suggested in old forum: Mitsubishi J4M Senden (閃電"Flashing Lighting") - Japan - War Thunder - Official Forum
hqdefault (3)
Japanese wiki: 閃電 (航空機) - Wikipedia

1 Like

not in the game yet? why

If anything, the J6K1 is already in the game, the Ki-93-I was only a mockup, and as for the J4M, maybe I will write about it someday

You mean this?

Yes, I made a mistake, I meant Ki-94-I. Additionally, I plan to write about the Ki-93b

Nice! I hope it will get aproved.

For now, these are only distant plans