Major Update “Dance of Dragons” — DEV Server Changelog (30.08.2024)

On the Dev Server, I have even managed to kill the Test Drive T-90 a few times! It’s still unreliable and often inaccurate, but now it SOMETIMES WORKS!

Which is a HUGE step compared to the current build Spike, which is incapable of damaging the Test Drive T-90 at all.

Also, hopefully this penetration bug report will make it:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Oy2bRD2GFrWz

3 Likes

Stuff like MBT acceleration being fixed requires either:

• Giving wrong horsepower values in order to try to match the real life acceleration
  • Reworking tank transmissions and engines

One I don’t think would be well accepted, and the other would take a lot longer.

2 Likes

Added to list (French Coastal)

• Mogador
  • La Surprise
4 Likes

What a legend! good stuff bro :D

3 Likes

It’s @x_Shini 's report :)

3 Likes

New french ships on dev server:

Coastal: La surprise

X-ray

Blue water: Mogador

X-ray

5 Likes

Testing the LR2 in dev rn, looks like they programmed it to lock one of 4 points on a target:

commander hatch
driver port
one of the tracks
Gun breach

shooting the T-90 in the test drive is still feels like the missile is crap because a hit on the tracks or hatch does nothing basically. I get that its a balancing decision, but thats unrealistic af

2 Likes

Yeah… when it hits the commander hatch or one of the tracks, it’s useless, deals zero damage.

All shots should go to the center of mass/roof (from above).

Other than that, it’s still a bit better now. But I hope for more improvements (AKA don’t go for the tracks, etc)

Also hope the penetration bug report makes it and it’s increased! Will help against many UFP shots that fail to go through.

1 Like

Is the Su-24M not able to mount the KAB-500S on pylon 2 in the custom loadouts? It has it in the premade loadout but it can’t be equipped when making a new custom loadout. You can copy the premade loadout and use it but when you close and re-open the Dev client it gets removed from the loadout and asks you to change the loadout.

Spoiler

Missing from the selection screen.

Spoiler

It shows on pylon 2 in the premade loadout.

Spoiler

Gets removed when you re-log into the Dev server

still aim for the stupid copula
they need more intensive work with that ATGM

Yeah…

Aiming for the cupola would not be much of an issue if it came entirely from a TOP angle, penetrating inside the crew compartment; however, many times, it hits the cupola almost horizontally, which causes it not to deal any damage at all.

1 Like

it would be useful if it overpressured but it has the explosive charge of a dead ant

Merkavas can also be penned by 3BM23, a round at 9.3

That top part of the UFP should also be particularly hard to pen not only for the angle, but for the presence of several internal armoured grills.

All in all a pretty sad situation.

6 Likes

Slightly off-topic, but you’re using a poor camera angle in those screenshots:

3 Likes

Yes, this might not be the best position possible, I did this in a bit of a hurry.

The final result should not change by too much, though. The UFP is still underperforming.

2 Likes

Love vehicles changes and updated models! Would love for the HE-177 to get the sc2500 bomb or any other German bomber besides the HE-111. Thanks!

Can we have a feature to use Replacement Vehicules features for Air RB? like Free Repair instead (or 50% off)?

that current feature is unusable for Air RB players,… and still being possible to obtain them while playing air-RB through trophies is clearly annoying

i’m stacking those and never have any chances to use them, feels useless and stupid.

1 Like

so still no new ww2 aircraft?

and what WWII would be plausible? they said only significate designs would be implemented

dev updated