M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

They refuse to use russian sources for NATO tanks, according to the response in the Leclerc armor bug report that uses the same russian source.

1 Like

Yep, I just got my hopes up for no reason….

If they’re not giving it DU armor, we should at least get the improved hull front armor with advanced ceramics which started development in 1989 with the M1A1 HA. This should bring the hull armor from 380mm to 500-600mm.

8 Likes

A lot of sources were sent that weekend, but there are only a very very limited number of sources that have actual values for the hull armor in it. And almost all of them have some potential issues like being russian and their reputability on which gaijin could deny them.

This was exactly the reason why the first bug report didn’t quite make it, there were no hard values. And it is also the reason why people here are a bit worried if the bug report will make it.

The SEPs hulls have been shown to have 3rd gen DU armor. Even the mods have now admitted that.

…but apparently they felt that the nerfed non-DU M1A2 export armor from the Swedish trials were good enough to count for armor values on an American DU turret (even though the values in game are still lower than the Swedish export variant.)

Tom Clancy puts the non-SEP M1A2 turret at 800mm KE protection. We still don’t get values close to anything like that.

11 Likes

This one very likely points to the M1A1 HA and the CATTB which used the same hull front armor (both started development between 1988 and 1989).

The values given are very similar to that BRL hull armor design which demonstrated 35% more KE protection than the M1A1 hull armor, the 30.34% increased weight for hull front armor between the CATTB/M1A1 HA and the M1A1 seems to indicate the use of a new front hull armor design.

Perhaps that new hull front armor design went on till the SEP/SEP v2 with DU armor on the hull front.

5 Likes

Abrams is also missing 2x 19mm RHA plates. The fuel tanks are fully enclosed and doesn’t need the hull front composite armor module to seal them, because they’re already fully enclosed.
4Cj0zx38g4o

9 Likes

Bro what kinda “abrams” is the first picture dawg I ain’t even sure if that is an Abrams. 💀💀💀 Fr tho what is that first picture?

M1 without it’s armor arrays, its pretty much the interior volume of the tank alone.

7 Likes

It’s clear they have no intent to change the performance of the Abrams or any other NATO tanks. All sources posted here would have led to a change years ago but the Gaijin policy regarding sources for modern vehicles is both calculated and stupid.

Best way to actually change that is to stop playing to tier all together, that will have way more effect than another review bombing.

LET RUSSIA FACE RUSSIA AT TOP TIER !

6 Likes

I just pray they do increase the armor eventually

And in the meantime i just drive around and be free exp ?
nah thanks

1 Like

the free RP being the 2A7V or the SEPv2? Because at the moment the 2A7V is far from free RP, it’s easily one of the best MBTs currently in game.

2 Likes

did i said anything about the 2a7v ?
any Abrams is free rp so all all leopards (except maybe strv’s 122 and the new 2a7v)

Meanwhile i either suck at aiming or t80bvm got a insivible spall liner added to the “no handout” version

You replied to a dude who replied to a comment about the 2A7V, so yes it’s not exactly unreasonable to assume you might have been talking about the 2A7V.

1 Like

well my bad then just saw his comment and answered to it
sorry :(

1 Like

Make a bug report about this actually

4 Likes

ah you mean the hull armor that has worse stats then the base leopard 2a4 ?
yes

ah you mean when you guys complained that the m1 needs m833 and m900 ? Also yes :)
And yes the 2a7v is better then the new added sep
but still not close to what it should be and right now we sit in the same boat :)
We show proof (without leaking stuff) tank X should have that amount of armor
and the answer we mostly get is :
Gajooble : NOOO can’t do
or

maybe,
could be
i don’t know :D

Fact check false: M1A2 SEP v2 got updated turret armor!

… It lost ~100mm of armor on the turret sides composite piece

Spoiler

3 Likes

That’s an x-ray error, Protection Analysis returns identical KE results for both.

Blockquote

1 Like