M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

No one is gaslighting you.
There are no double standards either.
T-80B has a drop-in thermal observation device because it got them IRL.
T-80U has a drop-in thermal observation device because it got them IRL.
Just as if and Dardo got their drop-in CITV it’d have it in War Thunder as well.
Armor uses a different ruleset.

You listed no double standards.

Please provide the budget forms, official upgrade proposals, and import licenses of the thermals for all tank models and the years they were retrofitted. Thanks.

15 Likes

You really want any tank in this game to get 850+MM of pen?

846mm is the number needed to get through the BVMs UFP.

All top tier shells are artificially nerfed. If you give real raw pen values, then Svinets is at 740+. DM53 would be 800+. M829A3 would be 900+.

To keep the game balanced, you would see T14 in a hurry with Vacuum 1/2 and 1000-1100mm of pen. Most tanks outside of literally the latest gen would be useless in top tier games. All nations would suffer from that. But balance is clearly not what you want. You want your nation to be vastly superior to all others. Far moreso than USSRs TT ever was. Why would anyone want to play the game unless playing US?

US’ problems in WT revolve far more around terrible players than weak tanks.

I feel like every time I’ve come on this forum it’s almost always US mains complaining. Yet so many other nations fall far below it, and the superiority of Sweden ground gets ignored. It’s always about USSR bias, the Abrams being “weak”, etc. Yet the Ariete, Type 10, Challys being weaker is somehow just of no issue. The fact that US teams have a massive skill and 1-2 death leaving issue is flat-out not recognized by most here.

I’m tired of players that don’t want balance and ask to for the conditions to create the very bias they claim exists and hate about the USSR tree. It behooves them to focus on actual balance or the very game they are playing will fail.

I appreciate you. From what I have seen you always come in moderate, get dunked on, but you keep trying.

Being a 10 tech tree player is a blessing and a curse.
I also rely on experts such as Defyn for air, and Cavenub for ground on a lot of things.
Cause they’re going to know more than I on a lot of things.

From what I know, the only evidence for the T-80U getting thermals is a picture of TWO total examples getting them as a prototype stage that was obviously not adopted for general use (as there are only two examples of T-80U’s having thermals)

Those ridiculous high numbers are 60 degree LOS pen, which are 360X2=720 for DM53 and 390X2=780 for M829A3. These are not artificial nerfs but different measuring standard, in-game they use flat pen.
AND, Vacuum round only exists in the form of some CAD models, there are no specific info about it enters service, considering Russia’s terrorible economy and it’s low priority in the on going war (together with the whole T14 program), it probably won’t see service for a very long time.

3 Likes

Damn bro I’m sorry. You’ve just been taking L’s back to back every single day for weeks

7 Likes

Someone already calculated the pen of M829A3 using the calculation Gaijin uses and it’s 673mm pen at 0° and 393mm pen at 60°.

1 Like

the arietes issue is being italian, challengers issue is being british, most nato nations fall very short of schweden and the ussr cause uuh idk i guess someone really likes ikea on the dev team, being a china player i find it sad how pitiful it is to fight against us mains, they always have to bring out air to do something against anyone, anyways actual balance would be removing air, the ussr and maybe obliterating the swedish tt into something… managable

To be honest I just saw their joke of a dev blog on the stingers. I have no hope for improved hull armor.

1 Like

Why are you giving me a bunch of estimates that Gaijin will never accept?

It’s amazing. I really needed that laugh after the Abrams hull debacle.

1 Like

You stated something about armor values I believe. So I provided them.

Gaijin will not accept those estimates.

1 Like

Hell these estimates were already shot down by a tech mod in this very thread earlier iirc.

1 Like

It’s better estimates than what’s currently applied to the Sep.

Where is the source which has the current Sep in game estimates? I can’t even find anything that matches the in game hull values.

Not in Gaijin’s opinion unfortunately. And that is the one who needs to be convinced. Sadly enough we are in a very rough spot at the moment, yeeting the same shot down estimates at them again and again won’t get them to change their mind. However at the same time we really don’t have a lot of other estimates/sources left.

Probably the swedish test that they are so desperately clinging on to. Even using it for tanks like the 2A7V that entered production 25+ years after said tests occured.

3 Likes

Test trials from a foreign country? That’s not a reliable source. Haven’t they stated that already? It needed to be OEM service manuals or first hand sources I thought.
Yes, it doesn’t mean we stop applying pressure for change. It needs to happen and should happen. It affects other nations teamed up with USA players.

4 Likes

MANPADS Missiles and Overload: The Technical Details - #18 by Ap6aHoB Iike dark humor and this one got me really good

2 Likes