M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

IMO the way to do it, and basically the easiest way to do it lol.

I don’t really remember what exact modifier the turret armour has, but probably around ~0.7 - 0.8, so we’d be looking at about ~520mm to ~560mm of protection.

Same can be done for the Leopard 2A7V, they just need to copy the D-tech modifier and paste it into the hull (0.75 or 0.8 btw - about ~535mm to ~565mm of protection).

1 Like

If you compare the turret of the M1A1 (no DU) and M1A1 HC (DU) in the protection analysis, the DU gives a 50% increase in KE protection. It would give the LFP about 600mm vs KE when facing it on flat ground.

If they give it 520-560mm vs KE it would be fine to, but they should surely give it M829A3 if they want it to compete with the 2A7V.

Relict and Russian UFPs have always been acting as a spall liner…

ye but there was no such thing as spall liner in the game…
now russians taste there own medicine and don’t like it, what a suprise :D

: y u so mean.

At that point fix the 2A7V’s armour first. M829A3 would completely invalidate the current’s A7V’s underperforming armour, making it inferior to the 2A6 as a vehicle.

I already based my earlier comparison on a fixed 2A7V, because a fixed 2A7V would be far far superior to a SEPv2 with 520-560mm vs KE on the LFP.

Honestly, we don’t need better rounds, M829A2 is already the second best round in the game and we don’t need more powercreep.

2 Likes

I do kind of agree with you. I’m also perfectly fine with it getting a spall liner instead of M829A3. My main point is that a SEPv2 with 520-560mm vs KE on the LFP is in no way a counterpart to the 2A7V, even with spall liners it’s already questionable if it’s a true counterpart.

Gaijin should also utilize the 12.0 and 12.3 BRs. I mean they are already there for air, why not use them for ground as well? The SEPv2 with that LFP armor would be 12.0 while a fixed 2A7V could easily be 12.3.

1 Like

I can agree with your point of view, we do need decompression, the reason why i think we don’t need better ammo except maybe DM63 ( Which still can detonate, remember ), is because there are nation still stuck with DM43, i don’t think we should get other rounds atleast until better round for those nations comes.

2 Likes

At least it has a spall liner and some extra armor…

Do not worry you will soon. Use the export armor value from non du Ukraine abrams

Germany should definitely not get DM63 though, they are fine with DM53.

Decompression will be nice, even if it won’t help with Germany and Sweden stomping the shit out of everyone currently. Honestly anything less than 650mm vs KE on the LFP won’t help at all for the SEPv2 against the 2A7V and 122s. Hell the 2A7V should have been added with the SEPv3.

Assuming Gaijin models SCBD propellants properly (big fat doubt), DM63s main gimmick would be allowing people to take more hull ammunition for a lower overall performance… (because DM63 has a lower muzzle velocity) generally it’d make no difference since say, Leopard 2 players at best take between 16 and 18 rounds anyways.

It’s more of a QoL “upgrade” if you know what I mean.

Sweden and Germany stomp right now because Gaijin refused to buff other tanks with armor and spall liner after all these years only thing Leclerc got buff are gun handling

1 Like

Not necessarely it means DM63 will be impossible to detonate, the possibilities are just lower, remember that. Thats why i think adding it would be fine

That’s my entire point, depending on what it’s hit with, possibilites could be as low 0.01% or 10% - which in any case means it is a QoL improvement to people with hull racks, and limited turret amunition stowage - such as the new Challenger 3 TD, or the Ariete, or any Leopard 2 really.

They could actually bring a higher amount of just as capable ammunition without sacrificing their survivability, or they just keep DM53 in and people simply use the turret bustle only, really no difference imo… well, Ariete would stay losing I guess.

Exactly and the 2A7V is already so dominant for a lot of nations that the only qol changes it should get are the armor and acceleration fixes.

You can forget about the latter, nobody has got any information on 2A7Vs new transmission and final drive ratios.

Still tho, it would be an across the board QoL buff for many nations, not just the 2A7V, so I see no reason to deny it that (especially if we’re taking historical accuracy at face value, the 2A7V should only be using DM63A1 & DM73 :p).

Yeah and unless they super buff these tanks it won’t change.

Like I said before, anything less than 650mm vs KE on the LFP would be a minor armor increase and the 2A7V would still be far far superior to the SEPv2, even with spall liners.