M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

wait you won 7 bro I have a 14% win rate with the sep v2

1 Like

Someone posted values 2 days ago in another bug report. they sent it forward to the dev’s.

Do you have a link to said report, I’m quite interesting in reading it.

😂😂😂

People always complain about American players.

We are glass cannons though. If we try to capture the point we just get 1 shot and then loose sliver. Hard life

You can be a glass canon and still have braincells though (you as in my average teammates in general, not targeted at you). I play a lot of US top tier and I continuously complain about US teammates.

Just because someone plays a tank with no hull armor doesn’t mean they have to spend the entire game in the same ditch.

1 Like

Here you go. Actually 8 days ago.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/jh4806nWWEYT?comment=kaQOtUHBpBPavvZPsswfjDuY

1 Like

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/jh4806nWWEYT?comment=kaQOtUHBpBPavvZPsswfjDuY

1 Like

Which values are you specifically talking about?

The values from the russian source? Yeah not going to work, that source got dismissed by Gaijin for the Leclerc bug report.

The values from the random website? Those can be easily dismissed by Gaijin as not being reputable enough.

Which is exactly the problem now.

2 Likes

Did you check the comments?

Yes you linked the comment to the russian source, which Gaijin straight up regused to use when given in the Leclerc bug report.

And now check what source 1 is…

Wait, so out of all the other sources he sent……they only choose the Russian one? Wtf

They refuse to use russian sources for NATO tanks, according to the response in the Leclerc armor bug report that uses the same russian source.

1 Like

Yep, I just got my hopes up for no reason….

If they’re not giving it DU armor, we should at least get the improved hull front armor with advanced ceramics which started development in 1989 with the M1A1 HA. This should bring the hull armor from 380mm to 500-600mm.

8 Likes

A lot of sources were sent that weekend, but there are only a very very limited number of sources that have actual values for the hull armor in it. And almost all of them have some potential issues like being russian and their reputability on which gaijin could deny them.

This was exactly the reason why the first bug report didn’t quite make it, there were no hard values. And it is also the reason why people here are a bit worried if the bug report will make it.

The SEPs hulls have been shown to have 3rd gen DU armor. Even the mods have now admitted that.

…but apparently they felt that the nerfed non-DU M1A2 export armor from the Swedish trials were good enough to count for armor values on an American DU turret (even though the values in game are still lower than the Swedish export variant.)

Tom Clancy puts the non-SEP M1A2 turret at 800mm KE protection. We still don’t get values close to anything like that.

11 Likes

This one very likely points to the M1A1 HA and the CATTB which used the same hull front armor (both started development between 1988 and 1989).

The values given are very similar to that BRL hull armor design which demonstrated 35% more KE protection than the M1A1 hull armor, the 30.34% increased weight for hull front armor between the CATTB/M1A1 HA and the M1A1 seems to indicate the use of a new front hull armor design.

Perhaps that new hull front armor design went on till the SEP/SEP v2 with DU armor on the hull front.

5 Likes

Abrams is also missing 2x 19mm RHA plates. The fuel tanks are fully enclosed and doesn’t need the hull front composite armor module to seal them, because they’re already fully enclosed.
4Cj0zx38g4o

9 Likes