M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

Had a bit of a burr up my rear and the documents handy, so I raised a bug report on the bustle side armor over the ammunition rack…

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/b4ogshUDi1jN

Was getting pretty tired of being ammo racked by autocannons and oblique main gun shots

Why are you all still talking in a forum. Get down to working on bug report and source material!

Thank you, I’ll extend my thanks to him as well. I was astonished to find how much information was out there, I came across the amended form and the prior one and I had zero idea what it meant. The analysis on it was surprising

1 Like

You are only really here to derail this thread.

And no, they already have a bug report that the devs are looking through, hell they even promised a seperate devblog talking about the issue. Making even more bug reports is only counterproductive until they have addressed the current one.

Not really. I would like to see the result. Abrams feels outdated. Also im curious what will be the outcome 525mm protection?

540mm

But then leoperd is better 😧

That is why it should get its proper ammo from 2006, M829A3.

1 Like

What do you mean not really? Everyone can see your post history coupled with your player card and prefered nation which quite clearly shows you are here to derail.

We also have sources esyimating 580-630mm vs KE on the LFP and russian sources giving an estimation of 700mm vs KE. We just have to wait what Gaijin wants to do.

But lets take that 540mm vs KE, for the sake of the argument. It would allow the LFP to at least block some of the 11.3 rounds like DM43 and whatever the T-80Us are firing. It would also block rounds like L27A1 and 3BM60 at longer ranges.

My bad last time I looked at the sources it was the 35%-50% better protection stat.

2 Likes

A3 was designed to cut through relic like butter my guy.

4 Likes

m829A1 was stopped by relikt but not A3 which was designed to go like through butter… please check your facts :)

2 Likes

Yeah there was the source of the improved BRL package giving 33-35% improvement vs KE, there was this website someone linked in the comments that estimated 580-630mm vs KE (I’m just not sure how reputable that one is) and there was a document of the russion office of public affairs (or something similar) that estimated 700-750mm vs KE for the M1A2 SEP LFP.

I understand it’s a bit confusing yeah, it was one crazy weekend. A lot of documentation was found over the weekend so if you missed a day you could have already missed quite a lot of documents lol.

1 Like

And by 2011 M829A4 surpassed A3 and was the main Abrams round.

1 Like

Going by your standards that sounds like a cope.

2 Likes

oh so where is the proof that the systems actually do that?
I can see NONE
If they wrote that it can stop a laser bearm from space would you belive that too?

1 Like

Oh you can see the proof by looking at the round photos… longer slimmer = more effectivness… read about it how it works… you know books which show you calculations and physics ?

1 Like

Yet all you have done is link a random russian website, hardly credible evidence that it can stop A3 or A4.

2 Likes

Lol before i give you proof. You first need to prove that abrams can tank a 3bm42 🤭 because i have my doubts

We already have the russian estimates in the bug report. Why would the russians estimate the hull at 700-750mm vs KE if their own 3BM42 was enough to pen it.

And you likely just say this because you don’t have any reputable source.

Last but not least, all this proofs that you are just here to derail the topic and start flamewars.

1 Like