M1A2 SEP V2 doesnt have better LFP armour

Read my post again, but slowly.

1 Like

Told ya

1 Like

Well the update is coming out tomorrow so I doubt we will see any changes made to the “new and improved” Abrams…Really pathetic

5 Likes

@Smin1080p sorry to ping you again.

The dev server Q&A (which I really like btw, they are great communications) mentioned that there would be another blog about the Abrams hull armor, this in itself is fine of course, the devs need time to work through the report. However with the technical downtime notice for tomorrow, does this mean that the SEPv2 will launch as it was on the dev server?

Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

Is this the current protection?

1 Like

That’s the M1A2, I found the diagram on the WT wiki page

https://wiki.warthunder.com/M1A2_Abrams

I’m not sure if it’s up to date.

Oh gotcha, haha. Thank you. Sounds right the wiki would list it as that

Its hilarious the wiki has the old data from when the UFP wasnt nerfed and actually worked.

Damn, gg actually.

Although I still have a bad feeling about this.

Oh shit. Guess i missed the news

Oh shoot, you’re right!

The UFP should actually be green in some areas.

I guess that strengthens the argument somewhat… Xd

They know. Lol.

Artificial weakspots based on “statistics” and “balance”

Middle of the hull front is actually 380mm instead of ~400mm, the turret is also wrong

2 Likes

Oh so its worse than it was even before :)

Lol. I thought it looked fishy

1 Like

Does anyone know if the hull front armor of the M1A1 HA/HC and M1A2 was improved compared to the M1A1? Because the CATTB’s hull armor protection was not increased compared to a unknown model of M1A1, most likely the M1A1 HA, the report was published on MAR 1989 which fits with the M1A1 HA development.

It can’t be the base M1A1, because the CATTB’s hull front armor is 30.34% heavier, (3,115 lbs for the M1A1) and (4,060 lbs for the CATTB).

well I wrote a email to general dynamics…they have not replied.

1 Like

I penned and OHK the BVM with M829 in the left of the breech. After all it’s still T-80B turret

Yeah but it’s inconsistent in-game. It’s one thing to go into the armor viewer and scroll around for pixel weak spots, but in game it’s not that easy. And even though there are some spots near the breach that are weak, there are just as many spots that are completely immune. Give the turret a little wiggle and the shot is likely to do nothing.

I misinterpreted what I was originally responding to, but my point remains.

Thanks

I had already known both acronyms, you’re here cherry picking non-issues on different topics.
Both of those links are images of the words “classified chart”… Quite informative!
Care to describe the differences between FMS and EAP, or no?

The point is that EAP is a type of armor that was given out to FMS countries. To say FMS armor is the same as “export” armor, though it doesn’t tell which generation of EAP it had been.

Did “Applicants are hereby notified that they are encouraged, to the greatest practicable extent, to purchase American-made equipment and products with funding provided under this program” cross you?

Okay. So here are the estimates I cited earlier. The book is simply titled “Tanks” by Michael E. Haskew. Published by Amber Books, First Edition printed in 2010.

As you can see, they say the 3rd gen DU packages provide 960mm on turret, and 650mm on the lower front hull. They say this is armor that went into the SEP variants on the data tile for the M1A2.

Not sure how to get this to who needs it, or which mod needs to be pinged.

I think this is a more than reasonable estimate for 3rd gen DU package Abrams, since we’re stuck with the nerfed M1A2 export variant values estimates from the Swedish trial.

@_David_Bowie @Smin1080p

12 Likes

Its likely DU. The HC uses DU Gen 2 while HA uses DU gen 1

This guy seems to know his Abrams