Iranian Grounds Force Tech Tree

In the Syria subtree, LOL.

This would be a great subtree to israel :)

3 Likes

IMG_4875

8 Likes

He’s was under the influence at the time of writing that for sure.

2 Likes

Well I’m about to start stock grinding some top tier jets, so give me whatever the heck he’s on.

joe-biden-presidential-debate

5 Likes

sarcasm 101

So, apparently we are going to get the first Iranian vehicle in WT.

The question is, why with the US of all tree?

4 Likes

The F-14 is at the end of the day built by the Americans though i don’t disagree with you since the US TT may not be the best fit of it. Also the US isn’t really starved with vehicles to choose from in terms of event vehicles

I’m just glad that Iran finally got some representation

1 Like

No better option currently in-game, like how Israeli vehicles were first added across USA and UK.

US fighter, sold by the US, to a US ally (at the time), etc.

2 Likes

And who built all those Soviet aircraft in the German, UK, Italian, Swedish and other tech trees?

I’m sure Iranian players never wanted this kind of representation.

3 Likes

If manufacturer is the one with the rights on aircrafts, and not the nations that operated them, then Soviet tech tree should get back all those soviet aircraft in German, UK, Swedish, Italian tech trees.

I’m sure there were better options then adding Iranian aircraft to the already largest Air Tech Tree in the game (and the one that already has two other F-14s).

Such as?

1 Like

I think this is bad news cause this means that we won’t have Iran as a tree :C

Not really
Israel prior to being it’s own TT had vehicles in the UK & US TT’s, Same goes for France prior to being added had vehicles in the British TT, Italy before it was a TT it acted as a subtree of Germany

One vehicle in a TT doesn’t exclude a nation from having their own TT

3 Likes

good point, hope you are right

China - They have good relations with them, and operate some of their vehicles (and we all know they need additional aircraft/ground vehicles).

France - Their relations are not as bad as Iran-US relations, and they operate some French vehicles (and we all know they could use some additional aircraft/ground vehicles).

USSR - They have good relations with them, and operate some of their vehicles (they don’t necessarily need additional aircraft/ground vehicles as bad as some of the nations above, but US needs them even less).

France having mildly good relations is FAR from enough to justify giving them an F-14.

Why is US plane, sold by the US during a period of close co-operation between the countries not enough, and how are any of your three suggestions better? China has nothing to do with this F-14, and during the reign of the Shah, Iran and China didn’t have formal relations with each other, although did have some informal relations.

The USSR is maybe the second best place for it, but their only claim to it is the Soviet missiles used on it. Plus, much like China, the US had no relations with them, and instead actively opposed them.

Maybe, but they would need it more then US tech tree, that already has two F-14s (one of which is so similar that they added R-27 to this new F-14 so it could differentiate itself).

I intentionally placed China first, considering they are in most need of ARH missile capable aircraft of all nations (and aircraft in general). Add good relations between China and Iran, and the fact that Iran already uses some Chinese tech, and we could make a strong case for it.

Why does Shah era relations matter here?

This game is not overwhelming played by Shah era people. Most of the people playing this game weren’t even born by that time. Only modern era relations matter, because modern era people are the ones that play this game.

Your argument holds no meaning.

If someone would like, they could go back in ancient past, to find an era in which respective country had good relations with another nation.

Should UK receive Iranian vehicles because they had good relations during Qajar era?

Then, they should have received this airplane.

As stated above, although US has more to do with F-14s, then other War Thunder tech tree nations, they also have serious downsides (such as abundance of vehicles in question, bad relation to nation in question, balancing issues at it’s BR range at Air RB and Sim,…).

If the first choice is problematic, why not go with second one?

I suspect Iranian F-14 is being added to US to cater to the biggest buyers of Air AB/RB/SB part of the game.

2 Likes

Because the F-14 is an American aircraft. Unless an Iranian or Middle Eastern tech tree gets implemented, I never would’ve expected the Iranian F-14 to go anywhere else but USA.

4 Likes