Hull Armor of the M1 Abrams

Oh wow, so roof armor is far underperforming too? Sounds like the SepV2 should have a composite roof

4 Likes

What the hell, do you need the Bill of frikin Lading and a selife from the supply shop with all 148 tanks? Jesus christ the gymnastics here

4 Likes

My god. 2s38.

And no, its not a concept, we need a combat stipulation? Holy crap dude. Do you know how many vehicles we should remove based on that, and how many russian vehicles dont belong too

A concept is a 1 off that isnt built all the way and used for tech demonstration, this is so far from that. Youre remaking definitions

6 Likes

Correct. Even the Sep v4 far exceeds the definition of a concept. The AbramsX is a concept.

3 Likes

Book in my language said that M1A2 has DU on turret and hull armour.

8 Likes

Im from Poland so heres translation. M1A2 sep features semicircular reactive armor and additional machine gun on gun barrel. DU armor is present on the lower front plate and turret(book said turret, not cheeks only, so maybe DU is on breach armor too?). Fire control system was modified increasing data speed. M1A2 sep mass grew to 65,2t and speed has been sligthly decreased to 66km/h

5 Likes

They actually did a pretty mediocre research full of nonsense and mistakes, they even said that the ATAC System Demonstrator “Thumper” got built by Lockheed Martin… Thumper got built in 1988 at the anniston army depot years before the CATTB.

They also said that the Thumper was armed exclusively with the 120mm version of the XM291, which is not true. In 1992 they reffitted it with 140mm gun tube and a rearm port to work with Future Armor Rearm System (FARS), and afaik it still had the 140mm gun tube installed when they moved it to Sierra Army Depot in 2010.

9 Likes

Thank you for showing me new information.

I will say, this kind of documentation can make for very interesting future vehicles, much more so (at least to me) than giving some additional protection to an M1A2 hull.

Photo of the ATAC System Demonstrator few days before the 140mm gun tube got installed in 1992.

And this is the ATAC System Demonstrator " Thumper" with the 140mm gun tube.

6 Likes

Ayeflyingcowboy clamed that SEPv2 entered service in 2018 when it was in 2020. He clamed that the sources did not mean anything, so now we are going through the integration process.

Officially entering service is not the same as manufacturing start, you have to build them before they can start service, thats how US service dates work

1 Like

The service date are set by the fielding date. The fielding date for the m1a2c was 2020.

Problem with vehicles like these is that they will be stuck with shitty gen1 thermals again, making them infinitely worse again than things like rhe 2A7V imo in terms of in game.

2 Likes

where the hell did you get your sources? there has only been ONE confirmed challenger 2 kill

1 Like

Didn’t you keep up with the latest RU figures? They’ve taken out 83 Challengers by now. Along with 349 HIMARS, 300 Abrams and -checks notes- all of the evil Westoid Bio Labs that were developing genetically engineered migratory birds.

Seriously, by this point Challenger 2 is like the bogeyman - every knocked out tank MUST be an evil Anglo-Saxon Challenger. Call it a mix of the British living rent-free inside the Russian consciousness. Multiply that with the latters inferiority complex and you get comedy gold.

Muhahahahaha (Laughs in British)

8 Likes

I knew it was those sneaky Anglo-Saxons. I’ve heard that the USA is actually the Anglo-Saxon USA.

3 Likes

This book is an encyclopedia Modern Tanks and AFVs: 1991-Present (Technical Guides), lots of errors, Very poor book.

My bad, “only 3”, after the third one, the batalion that got in hand with this proced not to use in anymore and Leo 2 got pushed to the frontline instead of Chally 2.

• September 5 2023
Spoiler

• September 6 2023
Spoiler

The left is Chal 2, right is 2 BMP-1 and an M113

• September 10 2023
Spoiler

Next of it is a truck

No “official” media from Russian figured those numbers.
Before these Western tanks deployed for the counter offensive, every russian tanks is bad and no Western tanks can be destroyed.
After the destructions of these, now “every tanks” can be destroyed.

Just an idea, General Dynamics has a Twitter, somebody tag them in a post with a link to this and ask them if they have any input. Then make a post on here with a link to the Twitter post and everybody can spam like/repost it. Gaijin wants primary sources. Let’s get a primary source. @GD_LandSystems is their Twitter account. Tag Gaijin also @GaijinEnt and @WarThunder.

7 Likes