Hull Armor of the M1 Abrams

But you didn’t answer to all of them?
Some of them literally countering your earlier statements.

18 Likes

…and the turret, for 31 years.

Because even SEPv2 has A2 values ingame in spite of it being a brand new gen of armor.

Oh, and also; not even M1A2 has actual M1A2 values, but those of the Swedish trials export variant which didn’t have DU, but an armor that offered ”similar protection”, except it was on the lower end and it didn’t satisfy the Swedes.

In short; M1A2 SEPv2, the workhorse of the U.S army by 2023, has the armor of an early 1990s export trials variant.

Also- doesn’t SEPv2 weight 64 tons without TUSK? For what reason could it possibly be?

32 Likes

I think you have to put the article in at least 5 languages so they can understand it…

2 Likes

This is English speaking section.
Article translations will also be provided for other languages, as soon as translation will be ready.

4 Likes

Then can you explain how did M1 Abrams weight increased significantly over the years without enchancing its main armor, are you gonna tell me all those extra weights coming from electronics?

This explanation is so lame that even 5 years old kid can see the lies beneath this.

37 Likes

Why do I get the feeling that the “some” are the ones you can deny? lol

21 Likes

Sorry Gaijin, but April 1st was 265 days ago.

Believing that a modern MBT of one of the, if not the most powerful militaries in the world still has armor from the 1980s/ 1990s has nothing to do with being realistic and historically accurate anymore.

49 Likes

Meanwhile 2A7V…
(Akers Website)

Totally independent Swedish armor, much stronger than German one 25 years newer.

29 Likes

Since you are not going to fix the armor can you at least make the TUSK II a modification. It is an optional kit in real life not a part of the SEPv2. It is pointless weight and add height.

23 Likes

So it is Gaijin’s official stance that the Abrams series MBTs received zero armor improvements since its introduction. And the added weight given to them was for, what reason?

To say this was a lackluster explanation is an understatement. And given the backlash, what is the point of these forums and bug reports? Clearly players aren’t happy with this. And that’s evident in more places than just here. Why do we even have community managers? What is the point of this forum? Clearly player wishes and concerns be damned I guess.

The traditional Gaijin response makes another appearance. “We have heard your comments and concerns and have decided to do nothing”.

54 Likes

That’s the problem, can’t provide exact values.
Why those are necessary I have absolutely no idea since we definitely CAN make up armor values on stuff like the Chinese tanks or the Chally.

9 Likes

German and Swedish leopards

“Additionally, a significant weight increase from such an armor package would lead to overloading the first pair of torsion bars, which already are under an increased load on the M1 series due to the placement of the frontal armor being positioned significantly far towards the front of the hull, as well as the large armored fuel tanks either side of the driver.”

Source?

34 Likes

I mean, it is rather clear a lot of the outcry regarding the state of the Abrams in-game has been over the neglect of American ground and the constant releases of sidegrade models of the Abrams over anything with actual improvement. I don’t understand why Gaijin went with the base SEPV2 over anything that offered some improvement over the M1A2 SEP. I believe we wouldn’t be having this outcry if Gaijin went with either the M1A2SEPV3, made a Frankenstein SEP with the test DU hulls or just gave the SEPV2 trophy. Considering the existence of the M1 KVT I don’t really see the reason to not just go with a theoretical Frankenstein abrams that’s on par with the T-90M or T-80BVM.

4 Likes

“Reload it’s balance value” - Trikzzter

4 Likes

This is an easy fix;

They calculated M1A1 AIM’s armor based on M1A2’s, right?

The issue is: since A2 is based off the export one, AIM is actually even weaker than the export one.

The fix is easy; give AIM the current A2 values, which are the export ones, THEN increase A2’s by the same factor they degraded AIM’s ones compared to the former A2’s.

9 Likes

I think you guys need to hurry 😅

Pretty sure it’s identical

What about other things like Upper Front Plate? There’s photos that shows that under main plate, there is another one 1 inch (25.4mm) thick plate, for a combined 2.5 inches (63.5mm).

3 Likes

What about the estimated value given by BRL test and protection value on M1A1HA?

5 Likes