How on earth did the F4F-4 Wildcat ever make it to 3.0 in Air RB?

To be honest: most US fighter are undertiered due to low skill community.

And the F4F, be it -3/-4 are fearsome in the hands of experienced players.

So in some side, we have a low skill community (about 70% players) and a high results rates given by sealclubbers with a high experience (about 3% of the players in the game).

For the rest of those players, the F4F-4 being at 3.0 makes it one of the most hated aircrafts for it’s BR, thanks to an algorithm created by gaijin which destroyed pretty much every tech trees of the game.

As told already, the flight perfomances is not on par other current 3.0, let alone 2.7 US fighters.

Yet the F4F-4 is pretty good aircraft thanks to it’s large wing, giving it a good maneuvrability in comparison to other aircrafts.

Cruising speed isn’t everything as the max speed of the aircraft in a dive can reach 836km/h.

It doesn’t need to dive a lot to get that energy, since the plane is really heavy.

Of course it’s not going to outclimb anyone but who needs to climbs when you just dived 800m and get a good amount of energy

It also have a smaller turn radius, because of the wings and tail, but it can’t keep it at low energy states.

→ overall ←
The F4F requires to use a brain to played [oops]
But it needs players that can give it energy when required, and use the gained energy effectively.

To be honest: most US fighter are undertiered due to low skill community.

There it is

Well at least read the whole post before jumping on the catch sentence

Under what circumstances do you expect to reach a 800 km/h dive in a plane that has a .17 TW:R and one of the slowest climb rates out of any single engine fighter in the game? And you expect to do that maybe once per match, right?

When i did played that F4F-4 for about 32 games, i did it nearly twice to 3 per game.

Because hey, enjoy i was already an experienced player at the time.

And hey, enjoy: i have 2 KD on it,…
Doing 51 kills in 32 games, and died 26 times.

I find that plane enjoyable back then.
And maybe it is more a You problem,… i don’t know i don’t care,…

In comparison my F4U USMC have same 2 KD, for 115 games dones and overall 180 kills

of the Pacific war, but somehow trained pilots were are able to fight superior aircraft with tactics and teamwork.

Not for the sake of disruption - just for the sake of clarity and to see things in the right context.

It’s not about feelings, it is just annoying to see how many of those imho rather good to excellent planes were artificially dragged down to abysmal low BRs and their pilots still find ways to complain about a few exceptions - like in this case.

In order to move it down: Find a famous Wildcat pilot, convince gaijin to make a premium version (free via war bonds) and you will see that the BR will go down in a a few days…or more better than average pilots will fly it, and it stays where it is.

Cpt. Joe Foss, VMF-121 , medal of honor, 2nd best scoring pilot of USMC, flying F4F at Guadalcanal, became ace in a day.

1 Like

The F4F-4 kinda have a very high skill celling, the thing doesn’t really compress that much and rip speed are like 500ish mph,so u have to sideclimb at the start and gain much alt advantage.
Moving it down doesn’t really help since it will faced plane that are more maneuverable and those lower br matches ended so quick u wouldn’t even have time to side climb to the desirable alt.
Maybe 2.7? But imo it is fine where it is.

Lol we can’t have those in war thunder😂

1 Like

You can if you have a brain ^^" [oops i did it again]

1 Like

Lol, anyone who plays war thunder doesn’t have a brain😂

1 Like

the post is about the F4F-4 at 3.0, not the F4F-3 at 2.3…

take the A-36 at 2.7 . . . . . . . :)

Some vehicles are just plain bad, that doesn’t mean they have a high skill ceiling.
Vehicles with high skill ceilings can be extremely powerful when in capable hands.

A F4F-4 is a massive handicap to anyone playing it, having skill on your side only lessens the pain of being so handicapped by the aircraft.

If I’m facing an extremely skilled F4F-4 on the opposing team and I’m flying my P-39N, Yak-1B, He100D-1, BF 109F-1, etc. it’s still going to be a free kill for me.

2 Likes

Truth. Hope to see you :)

The main reason the wildcat can succeed is by ppls underestimating them, they think it just a slow pos that can’t maneuver very well and that is where u get them, the turning ain’t that bad and it is surprisingly tanky. Yes it is bad but it is more like fun bad, one of the plane that i actually have some fun in, a bit underrated too imo.
Ofc if u want to be competitive or smth then the first corsair is probly a better idea.
Also bring a friend and do the Thach Weave maneuver for extra realism.

2 Likes

I don’t have friends :(

KD isn’t really a metric on it’s own.

What’s 2 KD when you can get 4 KD in other planes?

You can have bad KD in a good plane and high KD in a bad plane, that doesn’t change anything about the capabilities of the vehicles.

And the F4F-4 is a bad vehicle because it can’t win against anything as long as the other player has a clue how to fight it.
On the other hand it’s somewhat beginner friendly and can be effective against players who don’t know how to fight it.

BRs are simply the result of the average player performance.

2 Likes

Aand this is why minor nations get shafted.

Yippee!