HAL Prachand – India’s Himalayan warrior

I would like it to have an independent TT. India has enough vehicles that can make a full TT for ground and Heli.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure India is never gonna stop buying Russian stuff. Russia is like one of their main ally. Also I think they have more R73, R60 than ASRAAMs.

1 Like

They have

They stopped after the war and are upgrading their su30mki without Russian involvement

It seems they are stepping away from them

thats the point. they want to make it SEEM like theyre stepping away to appease the west

2 Likes

Or that the Russian stuff wasn’t good

bruh u are the last person i expected this from…

Or more likely they want to do stuff indigenously, and what they do import would be from reliable suppliers.

Its not that odd that they are for instance getting Rafales from France. A “neutral” source of equipment. Probably because the closest you get to Rafales is the SU-57 and we know which of those is service ready.

And idk who else India could go to for the procurement of 4.5 gen or better jets.

Not that Indian will stop paying Russia for stuff, there is afterall quite a lot of ground vehicles that will take decades to replace with domestic options.

So perhaps some Indian stuff to France? Not that Gaijin has any care about politics when placing tech trees so idk why one would care where they would place India/indian vehicles.

1 Like

I don’t think Gajin are gonna do especially if France is getting NL and other nations from the leaks

India doesn’t make it seem to step away from Russian weapons. Indians are moving away from Russian weapons. The future military platforms for India will all be indigenous.
India is almost self sufficient in the missile technology. With 3 more missile types we would not need to import any other missile from anywhere. We are developing 3 different fighter planes and the current home grown Tejas is going to have a fleet of almost 200 aircrafts. We are also going to develop a medium helicopter designated IMRH which would morph into an attack helicopter as well. Even the new developments of tanks and FICVs are being done.

All of these you will get to see in the near future. This is the reason why that I would much prefer the Indian TT to be independent as all these new developments will give more vehicles to play with to player base.

2 Likes

Well, the R73 and R60 formed the backbone of WVR missiles with Indian Air Force so obviously they have large stocks of these missiles. But, currently IAF is in process of replacing all of these missiles with ASRAAMs and development is ongoing for the other fighter platforms to be integrated with ASRAAMs.

1 Like

Plans and reality are two very different things…
One would do well to step back down to the earth once in a while.

Btw we should stick to the topic now otherwise mods are gonna be mad.

2 Likes

if there is an indian TT at what br would it start?

1 Like

Unfortunately that is a corner Gaijin can’t paint itself out of.

It could start at 1.0 with the interwar Vickers and armored cars, and look very Brit’sh until the '50s.

1 Like

I would like it to start from 1.0, but the Aviation tree has a bit of a problem in having aircrafts of Rank 1.

Would love this for Britain! +1

Nah not for UK. They already have AH MK1. I think maybe Russia or Israel because Elbit made the sights.

1 Like

Pretty sure that scrapping national tech trees would be far too radical a change for Gaijin to consider.

As for what tech tree Indian stuff goes in, so far that’s already been Britain even for the vehicles of actual Russian origin (T-90S Bhishma and MiG-21 Bison). Might as well keep it that way just so anybody who wants to run an Indian lineup can have the option.

2 Likes

India is already a subtree of sorts to the UK (multiple tanks + new top air premium). There is no reason to split Indian vehicles apart. Just because Britain has an existing heli doesn’t mean it should go to another nation, especially when both nations you listed actually have more helicopters. Technically, this aircraft is most developmentally close to Germany, having it’s roots in the Dhruv.

100%, this should go to Britain.

It’s based on a german design and has french engines, why russia?