Get HMS Barham in the Steel Baron Event!

Got the Barham last night.

Now my 7.0 lineup is Barham and Renown.

Are either of them good? I havent played the Barham at all, and maybe the Renown for 3 matches

1 Like

barham is nice, bleeds crew especially when stock due to the weakspot made by the 6inch secondaries. dont carry the torpedos and only repair if you feel you have to. renown is ok for a battlecruiser.

1 Like

barham is decent until a plane turns up it is also quite weak to torpedoes as it can be sunk by them and they take masses of crew due to it breaking all of the secondarys. renown is kinda the oposite as from my experiance it can be very torpedo resistant i have take 6-8 torps to the side and it made it sit even lower in the water but i was alive and the aa and secondary are a god send for the top tier of british navel as hood may have AA but renowns is just much better in the volume of rounds going down range

1 Like

Best way for decompression would be really up to 8.7, but we never can be sure how long this will take to change 🐌

Long ago, I made a Naval Decompression chart concept, including many potential future additions!

I updated it a little bit to be up to date before uploading it here now, but even then, now I think we would still need MORE decompression than what I showcase here, hahah.

It doesn’t include ALL ships so it’s not overcrowded, but you get an idea.

I believe this would be a step in the right direction:

3 Likes

i assume with this the planes you can bring would be limited due to 8.3 and up jet bombers and other such planes get much better. but they could also add more missile boats but there br’s would have to be adjusted so they are balanced around there anti air

I would say planes would get their own BRs for Naval, the same way many planes do for Ground now!

On average and at first glance, it would be around:

6.7: 2.7 planes.
7.7: 3.7 planes.
8.3: 4.7 planes.
8.7: 5.3 planes.
9.0: 6.7 planes.
9.7: 7.3 planes.

I still think Renown should’ve been TT and Repulse should’ve been event

1 Like

Back to the topic - have used the Barham a half dozen times now - the first game it got 1-shooted on 2nd salvo by a Mutsi, and then the respawn didn’t last very long either so I was a bit “ruh-roh!”!!

Since then it’s been all quite good with lotsa-kills™ and progressing the rest of the modifications quite nicely - without having the AP yet.

1 Like

Yes - I think any decompression of naval will be accompanied by seperate BR’s for aircraft along your lines - both will come together

2 Likes

a version of the tech tree’s i have preposed made the ships of each of the major classes ei kgv R class and QE that sank earliest in there lives the event ships. but i had put the more important ships ballance wise in the tech tree ie the 16 inch ships and the one with the best AA fits

100% agreed here.

Why add the undeniably better version of the two as an event?

It made no sense and was just one in the current list of insults towards british naval (and lets not forget Barham is an event vehicle and not techtree). Even funnier is that her gimmick of HE-VT has not even been added robbing the UK of any HE-VT battlecruiser… ever (Hood to early, Repulse never got it, G3 was too early)…

Another one is that HMS Tiger (the cruiser) was for event only, and has no TT counterpart, despite Lion being a literally copy-paste addition as the only two fully competitive cruisers for British naval.

On one hand, I like Barham, on the other hand, i’m exceptionally irritated she was added as an event before the UK got any other top tier…

It’s quite nice, though I found the SAP slightly lacking at range so immediately went for the AP.

She’s a good ship, and probably the best Battleship at top tier for pure BB vs BB combat imo after perhaps Pariskaya Kommuna in my opinion (the RoF great guns, volume of fire and trolly armour really make Paris Kommuna an excellent battleship).

I have been bombed twice though, which is the only slight irritation. I wouldn’t find it to be an issue if we had other QE class with AA though, but we don’t.

i do love that they have said is the being held back for “ballance” looks at the american 5 inch guns on their BB’s and BC’s AND SHOCK they have HE-VT rounds along side the timed fuse

1 Like

is all of perfect balans ))))
amerkanski fleet never stage ambush against peaceful flottila in disguise of fishing boats, unlike perfidious albion ((((

That was actually the Imperial Russian Baltic fleet…

ACKSHUALLY
it was the Second Pacific Squadron

1 Like

Well yeah - that after it was the Baltic Fleet … but I sit corrected.

Had to steal ur meme

@cluckcluck1111
In case you guys didn’t see yet 😄