FV 107 Scimitar issues

The vehicle seems to have 2 “major” issues currently that I am unable to tell if intentional or not.

edit: deleted this first bit, seems the mobility and speed are now different today to last night and can hit higher speeds fine now (last night it was struggling to go over 55-60kmh)

Secondly, the vehicles turret is full of a FCS which seems to be for a thermal optical system. The thermals are confirmed as being unintentional on the vehicle, but no comment about the FCS and if it is intended to remain. Given it says it has control over firing, it really shouldnt given the RARDEN doesnt really work that way. Similar seems to exist in terms of the battery pack and reloading/aiming.

Also small issue, engine is a jaguar engine but claims to use diesel.

I assume the above is because gaijin got a mixup on stock vs upgraded scimitars IRL, just dont want to see an artificially nerfed Scimitar with parts of it that shouldnt be there yet hampering it if they shouldnt.

I do not have any documentation for “backing up” the RARDENs control system, its just a pretty common thing said, if anyone does, feel free to put up a bug report to have the FCS removed ^^. (given it isnt on Fox, I doubt it is meant to be there)

9 Likes

Below are the turret interior of a demilitarised British FV107 Scimitar.

On the right is the gunner’s position, with an AV No.54 Mk.1 periscope day sight in front of him, and the eyepiece of the L2A1/L3A1 Sight, Periscopic, AV (SPAV), Image Intensification (II) that has been removed below.

The light blue box on the right is the turret services control box, and there is a gun selector switch to the right of the day sight.

(2590998184834 TURRET SERVICES CONTROL BOX POWER SUPPLY FOR CVRT - EICS-Products Ltd)
(2590998171335 GUN CONTROL SELECTOR BOX - EICS-Products Ltd)

The green box behind him to the right is actually the tuning unit automatic antenna matching (TUAAM) box for the Clansman radio. The remaining small boxes are interconnecting boxes.

On the left is the commander’s seat, with a No.75 Mk.1 day optic in front of him. On the left are the boxes related to the intercom control, the yellow is Clansman interconnecting box 3-radio (IB3), and the black is the emergency crew control junction box.

(Army Radio Sales Co. :: Radios and Equipment :: Clansman Interconnecting Box 3-Radio (IB3) ANR Version)
It’s possible to fit the Clansman interconnecting box 2-radio (IB2) instead of IB3 box in early FV107 vehicles.
d_640
(Army Radio Sales Co. :: Radios and Equipment :: Clansman Interconnecting Box 2-Radio (IB2) ANR Version)

More interior reference pictures from “Museum Ordnance Special 23 - Scorpion, Scimitar and Sabre”

And a cutaway view from Haynes CVR(T) Owners’ Workshop Manual.

8 Likes

Cheers,

Note in general: I dont mean to like, put IRL stuff on others/the internet, but i am at a point where i might be putting my pet down, I really dont have time to be well, going through documents/research etc to put a report in for gaijin and then have to act further on it etc right now, also not in the headspace.

If others want to do it feel free, but the above info is golden imo, and I thank vickers for posting it ^^

1 Like

was hoping against hope that it wouldnt but, yeah, gun disabled, turret disabled when hit in those parts…

1 Like